What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

I think many people uses tenergy because they think that is good. I use H3 NEO on my FH and Donic M3 on my BH. I've never tried any BTY rubbers because I'm chinese. I think many other rubbers can be like Tenergies, just needs some practice and some adjustments. When you see there will be tons of rubbers like tenergy or better. Just open your eyes

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
I've never tried any BTY rubbers because I'm chinese.

I'm curious, can you elaborate on what this means? There are many chinese players who use Butterfly rubbers and blades.

As for a Tenergy 05 alternative, I've been pretty happy with Rhyzm although that would be closer to Tenergy 64.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think many people uses tenergy because they think that is good. I use H3 NEO on my FH and Donic M3 on my BH. I've never tried any BTY rubbers because I'm chinese. I think many other rubbers can be like Tenergies, just needs some practice and some adjustments. When you see there will be tons of rubbers like tenergy or better. Just open your eyes

So do u mean that chinese doesn't use Butterfly rubber?...or what?..but at least i know ALMOST All CNT plyrs use Butterfly on their backhands...

This user has no status.
there will be never a good or bad Tenergy 05 alternative because every rubber is unique. If you want a Tenergy 05 you have to buy one. There are some rubbers which share some characteristics with the T05 but they will never replace it 100%. If you look for a alternative go for one of this rubbers:

Xiom Vega Pro
Yasaka Rakza 7
Donic Bluefire M1
Tibhar Evolution MX-P
maybe DHS (Neo) Hurricane 3

But like i said, there are a lot of rubbers which suit your playing style, some dont. You have to find a good rubber for you, and if you dont want to buy Tenergy (which i totally understand) then you have to buy another rubber and test which one suits you. But there will be no second T05, never. And there will be never the best or the worst T05 alternative because everybody has his unique playing style, even the pros, and people like different kind of rubbers, in politics its actually called pluralism theory.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
I think Evolution MX-P is better than Tenergy 05 because it's relatively cheap and durable.Although price of the merchandise for Butterfly has been rised absurdly, it's not useful in comparison with the latest rubbers. :)

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Evolution series, MX-P on a hard blade and FX-P on the Flexy blades are both great rubbers that will make you forget about the greatness of T05. However, Evo series is pretty pricy, unless you get it on sale, sometimes Nexy did that, (not on sale now, but $47 USD aint a bad price for a great rubber) sometimes some other vendors did that.

Aurus puts an even bigger smile on my face as my game suffers little and the rubber costs less than 1/2 the price of T05. (currently $35 USD at Nexy)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Evolution series, MX-P on a hard blade and FX-P on the Flexy blades are both great rubbers that will make you forget about the greatness of T05. However, Evo series is pretty pricy, unless you get it on sale, sometimes Nexy did that, (not on sale now, but $47 USD aint a bad price for a great rubber) sometimes some other vendors did that.

Aurus puts an even bigger smile on my face as my game suffers little and the rubber costs less than 1/2 the price of T05. (currently $35 USD at Nexy)
When i posted anywhere to express my tiny knowledge, you always show in front of me and gave me a great chance to learn about the characteristic of rubbers,blades and etc. You are awesome, thanks:)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
another question, what rubber not so heavy as T05 or another Tenergy?
after T05 used on blades:
Yasaka Max Carbon 3D (92 gr) -> Evolution EL-P (185 gr with blade) and Rakza 7 soft (170 gr).
Donic Waldner Legend Carbon (85 gr) -> Bluefire JP03 (185 gr) and now using Bluefire JP01 Turbo (190 gr).
Actually bluefire excellent rubbers but heavy like all tenergy's and I want something lighter with +/- same characteristics.