What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

This user has no status.
I tested a lot and the real baby T05 is the Donic Baracuda, a little bit softer but its like a light T05 or a hard T05fx and it behaves like Tenergy (of all the closest Ive tried). But like I said again: There are a lot of good rubbers so but no second T05 so these rubbers are alternatives and still unique... You have to get used to it anyway but of all of them I would go for Donic Baracuda.

This user has no status.
I tested a lot and the real baby T05 is the Donic Baracuda, a little bit softer but its like a light T05 or a hard T05fx and it behaves like Tenergy (of all the closest Ive tried). But like I said again: There are a lot of good rubbers so but no second T05 so these rubbers are alternatives and still unique... You have to get used to it anyway but of all of them I would go for Donic Baracuda.

I agree. I have used both Baracuda and T05 and they have similar properties with different gradings. For example, they both have good arcs, very spinny because of topsheet, highly sensitive for spin and a bit heavy, but they are not the same. For these properties Baracuda is one to two notches lower.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
or try this...

Evolution series, MX-P on a hard blade and FX-P on the Flexy blades are both great rubbers that will make you forget about the greatness of T05. However, Evo series is pretty pricy, unless you get it on sale, sometimes Nexy did that, (not on sale now, but $47 USD aint a bad price for a great rubber) sometimes some other vendors did that.

Aurus puts an even bigger smile on my face as my game suffers little and the rubber costs less than 1/2 the price of T05. (currently $35 USD at Nexy)

I actually want to put a plug in for EL-P. I think it is closer to T05. Slightly softer. MX-P is somewhat harder. T05 is in the middle, but closer to EL-P, at least it feels that way on a Viscaria blade. I am still using T05 but if prices goes up very much more I will switch to EL-P.

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
I've just returned from a tournament with people from different nations and I saw that Xiom rubbers, especially Vega, were incredibly common amongst the best players. I got to play with one of them and I have never seen so much spin on service, very difficult just to keep it inside. Probably my weak experience played an important role in it but usally I have no trouble in returning backspin services though today I sent somwhat like six of them straight into the net. After the game I asked to check the rubbers (Xiom Vega Europe IV on both sides) and the man told me that Xiom rubberd are the new Tenergy series, just cheaper.

This user has no status.
In a lot of foruns players said that either Vega Pro or Donic Bluefire M2 was the closest rubbers similar to the classic T05. But recently XIOM has launched the Omega V series (which differs a lot from the Omega IV series), on Tour and Pro versions.

I believe the Tour version plays a lot simliar to the T05 compared to the Vega Pro. Vega Pro had a more "dead" feeling than the T05. Just like in the launch news on Xiom rubbers the Tour and Pro versions have different pimple structure while maintaining sponge hardness (T05 and T64 anyone??).

I think they are indeed trying to mimic the Tenergy series with the new Omega V series (even thou they released the Omegas V euro and asia).

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Brush light coat of oil on sponge, wait an hour, clean off all the glue, put a couple coats of your favorite oil on the sponge and wait a couple days. You will be ready for takeoff again and rock-on like Bon Jovi. :)

This happens ALL the time with many modern rubbers. Just learn how to cope with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
I think best alternative for t05 is blue fire m2
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_1023 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Brush light coat of oil on sponge, wait an hour, clean off all the glue, put a couple coats of your favorite oil on the sponge and wait a couple days. You will be ready for takeoff again and rock-on like Bon Jovi. :)

This happens ALL the time with many modern rubbers. Just learn how to cope with it.

Haven't really understood the process. Do I have to take the rubber off? And where do I put it? After I put the oil do I have to cover it up?

I think the best alternative for t05 is blue fire m2

I've tried that too and can say that I really haven't liked it. JP is much better IMHO.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
My rubber is jp 01 and 03 with innerforce alc and I like it but I think m2 is alternate for tener gy
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_1023 using Tapatalk

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
elrigo, first light coat on the SPONGE (Yes, you are taking off the rubber) is to soften the glue on the sponge to make it easier to roll off with your fingers or thumb. Some water based glues do not require this step, their glue build up is easy to remove. Some others are not. The rubbers assembled with rubber cement need this step to remove the glue from the sponge. Skipping this step will make you regret, because the glue on the sponge will be extra gooey and difficult to adhere the rubber back on the blade no matter how many coats you use.

Once the glue residue is removed from the sponge, a few light coats of oil are enough to expand the sponge (and the topsheet) enough to put it back on the blade and the rubber will be large enough to cover the blade. (after you allow a full day or two for the oil to absorb, then collapse any dome you made.

Tenergy is a notorious shrinker, along with some other modern rubbers. T05 requires this treatment at least once during its lifespan. Adding edge tape completely covering the sponge and a part of the side of the topsheet slows down the shrinkage some. I use 10 mm edge tape.

Reactions: elrigo99