What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I can recommend Yasaka Rakza 7 soft, just switched to it from Donic JO Coppa Platin Soft and wow, instant felt more secure in my own game :)
Not all that "free speed" you get with tensor rubbers, very good controll, very good spin and superb click sound.

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
I can recommend Yasaka Rakza 7 soft, just switched to it from Donic JO Coppa Platin Soft and wow, instant felt more secure in my own game :)
Not all that "free speed" you get with tensor rubbers, very good controll, very good spin and superb click sound.

how long did it take to adapt after making the switch?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Hurricane 3 from DHS is oso quite good

Yes, hurricane 3 has very good spin but doesn't match the speed that T05 has. IMO, Hexer is the best alternate to T05 among currently available options.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Well, stick to Tenergy, but try to keep them in a good state, so they'll last longer and you wont spend a lot of money as they'll last a lot

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I am probably quite a bit older than most the guys who post here, and I am reasonably well paid. I can afford 65 USD for a sheet of T05, but the PRINCIPLE of the thing bugs me. Worse, I just replaced a sheet last week, i've got about 9 or 10 hours on the new one, and it is already chipping around the side.

So I am tempted to try something like Bryce FX and then boost the crap out of it. Probably cheaper in the long run.

But I also agree with everyone else who says that it is really hard to give it up once you have started using it. Kind of like heroin or cocaine.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I've tried a bunch of other rubbers looking for an alternative. I am still playing with T05, which tells you how it went. But, among the ones I've tried (Donic Baracuda, Sonic Acuda S1 Stiga Boost TC, Stiga Calibra LT, Stiga Calibra LT SOUnd, Hexer, Joola Phenix, Xiom Vega Asian), the ones that are decent are Hexer and Calibra Lt. The latter is unbelievably fast and would take some getting used to. Boost is playable. So is Phenix (which is not a tensor). Acuda and Baracuda were awful for me. I just ordered one of the Stiga magnas, I am can't remember which one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
The problem with Tenergy is, once you've played with it, there's no way back.
After trying a few other candidates to replace my Tenergy 05 (Xiom Vega Pro, Europe, Andro Hexer,...) I frankly do think there is no way to replace it.
So if you don't change your rubber too often may be you could try to save enough money and buy it although it's expensive. However if you're the king that changes his/her Tenergy rubber once every 2 or 3 months then Xiom Vega Pro or the new Xiom Omega IV are worth trying.

Attachments

• IMG_3122.jpg
    IMG_3122.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3123.jpg
    IMG_3123.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3118.jpg
    IMG_3118.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3117.jpg
    IMG_3117.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3116.jpg
    IMG_3116.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3115.jpg
    IMG_3115.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3114.jpg
    IMG_3114.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3113.jpg
    IMG_3113.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 58
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I don't think there is an alternative yet. The fact that there is so much money out there to be made if someone can come up with a real alternative is evidence. The way BTY pricing has been, the field is way open for anyone to come up with an equal rubber and price it obscenely high and make a pretty margin on their product, but no one has been able to take advantage of this yet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I've tried T05 for about a month and I actually dont understand the fuzz about it, didn't suit my style at all. And now when the price has rised I'm glad i din't like it :)
Yasaka Rakza 7 soft ftw!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Agree nothing like Tenergys. I recently switched from T64 to Yasaka Xtend HS Max and feel it is a superb choice. Plays somewhat like T64 but much more feel with great speed and spin. Just my 2 cent's knowing everyone has their favorites and the selection is vast.

jkc

says You sent me the following PM which you didn't ask for a...

jkc

says You sent me the following PM which you didn't ask for a...
Nov 2010
If you are willing to spend 2 or 3 weeks to adapt to Calibra LT from Tenergy, then it is probably the first rubber which can truly compete with it. It drives and blocks better (after a week of putting the rushed ones into the net) and is a far superior rubber off the table. It does take time to get the same spin on that close in opening loop, but it can be done with practice. It lasts longer and doesn't chip away around the edges (though your do have to treat the sponge carefully when cutting). It is a very quick rubber but because it doesn't react so much to spin it probably has similar control to Tenergy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
i like my Hexer. i dont care its not T05. it is fantastic rubber and suits me perfectly. i have won games against tenergy users on my level so its not the rubber what makes you better player. its the practice, experience, selfconfidence and technics.. and if somethig different from tenergy works for you just stick with it

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I really don 't think that there is one yet.Some people say that xiom vega pro, donic acuda s1 and even calibra LT have a somehow similar way of play(maybe a little less spin) and they are all cheaper.As for xiom some reviews say that after the first week of play is a completely different rubber cause it loses a lot of it's spin and speed.So IMHO other than it 's price tenergy is still the best thing there is right now