What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I ve tested all the Xiom rubbers and they are the closest to tenergy than any other rubber.
Take the xiom asia if you like really hard rubbers, take europe for a little softer rubber and if you like to play with tenergy 05 fx, take the xiom vega elite.

I like the vega elite the most but I like "softer" rubbers more than hard rubbers. And with softer I dont mean like mark V or nimbus sound. But its not as hard as the DHS hurricane.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Been reading on other forums that there is a big fuss about Yinhe/Galaxy Moon (05) and Mars (64), depending on what reviews you read they feel similar but slower. Thought I would get myself a couple of sheets and try, but with a few layers of Bio Booster to try and make them as fast as Tenergy (for testing purposes only :p ).

Will be trying them out on Monday so will report back on what they are like, for $13 a sheet you can't go wrong.

Currently using 05 and 05-fx on a maze blade.

Rich

Last edited:

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Been reading on other forums that there is a big fuss about Yinhe/Galaxy Moon (05) and Mars (64), depending on what reviews you read they feel similar but slower. Thought I would get myself a couple of sheets and try, but with a few layers of Bio Booster to try and make them as fast as Tenergy (for testing purposes only :p ).

Will be trying them out on Monday so will report back on what they are like, for $13 a sheet you can't go wrong.

Currently using 05 and 05-fx on a maze blade.

Rich

Sounds like a great rubber! Please report back and make a thread on these rubbers. A little review, looking forward to it Rich :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I have tried several tensors from Joola, Donic and Tibhar ranges all I felt too soft, nice for hitting but lacked real spin when looping.

Milky Way Moon Medium Max 2.1 (Europa 46-48°) Red - this rubber is dead just nothing there, feels like Butterfly Roundell or Sriver g3 fx. I was disappointed as it come in a sealed bag gussing pre-tuned and I thought this would be the better of the two rubbers, but just by bouncing the ball on the rubber you could tell it had no life in it. Maybe it will break in but I doubt it.

Milky Way Mars medium 2.1 (Europa 44-46°) Black - This rubber is very nice; by bouncing the ball on the rubber you could tell it was going to be fast. But don’t get too excited; it didn’t generate the spin of Tenergy but it was a lot faster than any of the tensors that I have used and I would say faster than Tenergy. It didn’t feel like a 44-46° rubber, I know I had a few layers of booster on it but it felt soft. Would be very nice on a harder sponge, but I haven’t seen a hard version of this rubber.

I had a 30 minute knock tonight with Ives senior; who kept on putting it on the crappy moon. But I have a match on Wednesday so will see how it goes, may just get rid of the Moon now and order another sheet of Mars.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Read 4 reviews
i used tenergy 05.now i use donic acuda s1.its gor more rotation but slight slower.i think its even better then tenergy.for me at least

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I am sooooo glad I didn't buy into the Tenergy fad........ the only think I use from butterfly is my trusty Speedy P.O on my backhand.........and they last forever :p so the 30 bucks is warranted when I buy a sheet :-D But, try Tibhar Nimbus, I recently switched from Donic Coppa and the play is outstanding. Nimbus added a lot of spin to my game which I enjoy (I used to use sticky Chinese rubbers), and it has a lot more power. I feel it's better than Coppa so check it out!.

This user has no status.
But, try Tibhar Nimbus, I recently switched from Donic Coppa and the play is outstanding. Nimbus added a lot of spin to my game which I enjoy (I used to use sticky Chinese rubbers), and it has a lot more power. I feel it's better than Coppa so check it out!.

+1 Nimbus Series are my favourite

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Stiga Boost TX is pretty similar to play with, it's just quite a bit quicker, but it's lighter at the same time. Can't go wrong with Joola Express One either.

Nice suggestion, but I play with Joola Express Two. And I am able to generate more spin from that rubber, than with any other rubber. So if you want to pay less for your rubbers, go for it! :)

Reactions: Kenta Cipriano

Bcr

This user has no status.

Bcr

This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Questions

How tenergy properties is different then sriver? :D I am an old supporter of sriver but I never try or use tenergy before? Besides that how different is tenergy with hurricane 3 and byrce? :D

says http://N-Box.co.cc [IMG] My Best Player after Ma Long...
says http://N-Box.co.cc [IMG] My Best Player after Ma Long...
Oct 2010
YASAKA is better

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
I started out playing with geospin tacky and did so for about a year before I switched to tibhar nimbus. That was a great switch since the tacky rubbers require a lot more effort to make shots from off the table. I played with the nimbus for about 6-8 months and it was great for everything, but felt that it wore out, playing about 2-3 times a week on average for 3-4 hours a day it had lost its initial pop and spin. So I started looking around for new rubber thinking tenergy would fit my looping game and it was awful for me. While warming up cross court looping and blocking felt great, but in play I just couldn't get used to it, it felt like there was a lack of grip and I couldn't get an arch on the ball so everything was going long. So I went on amazon and looked around and found tibhar genius which turned out to be the perfect next step from nimbus.. It has a bit more 'pop' to it and a bit more spin than nimbus did. The only thing different between nimbus and genius was the weight genius is a lot heavier. Genius is a good alternative to tenergy since it was $34.99 a sheet compared to tenergy's stupid prices haha

says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
Why can actually allow the Butterfly Tenergy to make it so expensive?
I find it full of **** even if the Tenergy may be good. I think it's ridiculous

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Anyone who tried the Galaxy Moon, Sun or Mars V2 who are supposed to be copies of tenergy? are they anything like tenergy?

says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
Although a replacement would be found for the Tenergy there is unfortunately no brand can compete with the durability of the right Tenergy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Xiom omega europe!!!!!!!! 38 euro and its awesome! faster than tenergy!