What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Read 4 reviews
acuda s1 is the BEST donic rubber for me.it has the strongest rotation of ALL the rubbers in the world and has got decent speed(slightly less than tenergy).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
After looking around for quite a while it's the tenergy that stick. Tried the desto's, bryce's, srivers,... Always came back to my tenergy. I did however move from Tenergy 05 to Tenergy 05fx. My playing style is rather straight forward. I never move away from my table, once I do that I'm lost. Blocking on my backhand with the thinner Tenergy, swinging away with my forehand. The thinner 1.9 Tenergy even allows a decent pushing.
Sure it's expensive, but it works for me and above that I can play with a set of rubbers for a whole season. Many of the others ones I tried didn't last for half a season (training twice a week, competition once). So what's better, buying a 30euro sheet twice a year or once the sheet you love at 60 euro ??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
i heard xiom omega europe doesn't last long though

i'm using donic acuda s3 for 3 months now. it is still good.

Im using mine for 4 months of 2-3 times a week training and 1 time competition and its still good. Have to say I use a layer of boost tho. Dont know if that even helps to make a rubber last longer

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
what ARE tha PROFESSIONAL versions of t-05 and 64?

Factories make one big square of rubber and then they cut out little squares, the middle part of the big rubber square is the best part and thats what professional players get, because it has the most quality. The outside of the big rubber square is for the stores. Thats what we play with. I played with a rubber of a professional once and it does kinda feel different but its not going to make you play better, I mean its not like you go from rookie to professional just because of the rubbers.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Has anyone tried the Cornilleau rubbers: Pilot Advance, Pilot Power? I don't know what they cost but I like the way they feel. I think they have that expensive Japanese/Euro rubber price though.

Saviga from Dawei is an interesting rubber. It is quite inexpensive ($16.00 a sheet or something like that), it is pretty darn good, especially for the price. It is a Chinese rubber even though it says made in Japan on it. :) It plays like a strange cross between Chinese and Japanese rubber. It is a little slower than Tenergy but nice and spinny. The sponge is a little harder than Tenergy but it has some spring to it. The sponge has a different feel from a lot of Chinese rubbers. The topsheet is not very tacky, it is not "non-tacky" but it is not tacky. It plays quite well. The only problem with this rubber is that it is really heavy. That never bothers me, but I know it bothers some people.

The Gambler rubbers seem to a decent product for the price as well ($14.00 per sheet). They are no where near as good as Saviga, but they play more like a Euro/Japanese rubber, they do not feel like a Chinese rubber at all to me.

All that said, I still love Tenergy 05 and don't think anything really can compare.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I used Tenergy 05-FX and right now I'm using the professional versions of Tenergy 05 and 64. There's nothing you can compare exactly with a Tenergy, but for me the best alternative was the Vega Pro from Xiom.

Xiom Vega Pro is a very worthy replacement for the 05. Also I heard people about Haifu Whale being a good replacement. There's different versions of this rubber though, so I'm not sure. But I'd really give Xiom a shot. Butterfly pricing themselves out of the market.

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
Hi there

I've switched to Tibhar Aurus Sound 2.1 on FH and 1.9 on BH. This suits me really well.
The 'Sound' version is prolly too soft for Tenergy-Addicts, but the Aurus would probably be similar to the 05 and the Aurus Soft would be similar to 64.

I've posted an elaborate review of the Aurus sound rubber on this forum, just look it up.

At 36.90 euros, it's a decent replacement for Tenergy and I really, genuinely think it matches its qualities.

I'm really excited to hear news from people who tried these rubbers as well!

greetz

May 2011
Ordered an Aurus Soft today, should be arriving next week, I'll keep u posted for a review...