What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Hey guys, there are people in my club that play with:
- Joola X-Plode
- Donic Coppa X1 (Gold)
- Donic X1 Turbo (Platin)
- Donic Coppa J.O (Platin, Gold, Silver)

How are these in comparison with the Tenergy's? (I'm using Tenergy 05 ^^)

None of them are close to tenergy rubbers. I would almost say that the donic rubbers are rubbish. Poor quality, poor durability, not much spin, some of them have good speed but thats about it.

The joola x-plode sensitive is a pretty decent rubber. Got good speed and spin, durability is ok too but not like tenergy. He doesnt have the real feeling of tenergy but I think no rubber does. Joola has pretty good rubbers so if you want to try a decent rubber, you can try the joola x plode.

But I still stick to my rubbers, which I think comes the closest to tenergy: Xiom omega 4 europe. Its a pretty hard rubber, not like a chinese rubber and if you want to play with an even harder rubber you can try the Asian version of xiom.

Xiom rubbers have lots of spin, I think even more than tenergy. durability is awesome, control is great, looping is easy, short game is easy. The only downside might be its really fast, but I think you just need to get used to it. Got my rubbers for almost 4 + months and im playing about 3 times a week now, normally i play 4 times a week but now its off season.

My list of decent rubbers

Joola rubbers like the xpress series, the energy soft series if you like softer rubbers and of course the xplode sensitive.
Stiga Boost rubbers are pretty decent.
Xiom rubbers.

P.S: I wouldnt try anything of Donic. They change their rubbers every year and a half or something, like the coppa series. Then you need to find a new rubber and get used to it again.
Stiga, tibhar, joola, xiom keep their rubbers for a much longer time.

says http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF9LhF31_1o&feature=relate...
says http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF9LhF31_1o&feature=relate...
May 2011
I am currently using Tenergy. So far it is the best rubber for me. I am using it on my forehand, while Bryce on may Backhand. I have tried other rubbers.. I could say, nothing can get close to the performance of Tenergy.

This user has no status.
Hi there guyz, in my opinion Adidas P5 is the one that plays the most as T05. I had 1 year and a half using Tenergy 64, and the change was barely noticed when trying to adapt to the new rubber. It has almost same feeling than T05, but is a bit slower, even tho u get great spin and better control when playing short game inside the table. Also when playing mid to long range shots, it gives best control and feel. Only thing I dun like about it is that is not that durable as T05. Also worth to notice, the Adidas P5 got almost the same throwing angle, so adapting to it will take like no time. Hope u can find this info helpful. Greetings fellow players xD

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
None of them are close to tenergy rubbers. I would almost say that the donic rubbers are rubbish. Poor quality, poor durability, not much spin, some of them have good speed but thats about it.

The joola x-plode sensitive is a pretty decent rubber. Got good speed and spin, durability is ok too but not like tenergy. He doesnt have the real feeling of tenergy but I think no rubber does. Joola has pretty good rubbers so if you want to try a decent rubber, you can try the joola x plode.

But I still stick to my rubbers, which I think comes the closest to tenergy: Xiom omega 4 europe. Its a pretty hard rubber, not like a chinese rubber and if you want to play with an even harder rubber you can try the Asian version of xiom.

Xiom rubbers have lots of spin, I think even more than tenergy. durability is awesome, control is great, looping is easy, short game is easy. The only downside might be its really fast, but I think you just need to get used to it. Got my rubbers for almost 4 + months and im playing about 3 times a week now, normally i play 4 times a week but now its off season.

My list of decent rubbers

Joola rubbers like the xpress series, the energy soft series if you like softer rubbers and of course the xplode sensitive.
Stiga Boost rubbers are pretty decent.
Xiom rubbers.

P.S: I wouldnt try anything of Donic. They change their rubbers every year and a half or something, like the coppa series. Then you need to find a new rubber and get used to it again.
Stiga, tibhar, joola, xiom keep their rubbers for a much longer time.

Thanks mate, this is very helpfull!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
As I've said before instead of trying to find better rubbers and "what plays like tenergy" work on your technique with whatever you can get your hands on so that you can play at the level needed for Tenergy. IMO I find a lot of players who use Tenergy have the worst technique I've ever seen because they just want the next best thing. Technique is what creates spin and speed not the equipment. I've played people with Tenergy who can't even use it correctly and produce dead balls quite often. Your technique should be what's worked on not your wallet to go buy each new rubber that comes out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
As I've said before instead of trying to find better rubbers and "what plays like tenergy" work on your technique with whatever you can get your hands on so that you can play at the level needed for Tenergy. IMO I find a lot of players who use Tenergy have the worst technique I've ever seen because they just want the next best thing. Technique is what creates spin and speed not the equipment. I've played people with Tenergy who can't even use it correctly and produce dead balls quite often. Your technique should be what's worked on not your wallet to go buy each new rubber that comes out.

Haha 95% agreed sir.
Thats what I believe too.

But sometimes some equipment is just not right for someone.
A good example is begineers who choose MAX sponge and tensioned rubbers.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Haha 95% agreed sir.
Thats what I believe too.

But sometimes some equipment is just not right for someone.
A good example is begineers who choose MAX sponge and tensioned rubbers.

I agree too. The equipment does not matter as much as the technique. And a good player can play with anything.

JOOLA PHOENIX POWER 48 Sponge is BETTER than tenergy 05. I have been playing with T05 for 2 years and Phoenix is spinnier, faster, higher arc, and last alot longer than tenergy. I picked it up DURING a tournament and won 2 events like i have been playing with Phoenix for years. Also it only costs $60 USD which is cheaper than tenergy. i highly recommend it!!

says backhand - Tenergy 05 black forehand - haifu whale blade...
says backhand - Tenergy 05 black forehand - haifu whale blade...
Nov 2011
I was looking for an alternative for a while... and i heard about Haifu rubbers!
So i bough a sheet of Haifu whale, and hated it at first since the characteristics area more like chinese, and then realize that people were saying that the shark version was the one similar to tenergy 05. But since i've already bought my sheet, I stuck with it and now love it!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think the best alternative is to get sponsored by Butterfly and change your rubbers every day. If they are giving them to you for free money is no object. :)

No, joking aside, they are expensive, and I can use anything, being honest. But nothing seems as good to me. The Xiom rubbers are fine. I really like them. I would probably use them. But there are a lot of good rubbers out there.