Established TTD Member Country: Germany
      Equipment:
      Blade Viscaria FL
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane III
      Backhand Rubber Tenergy 05

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 25 Times in 17 Posts
      Try some chinese rubbers. I play DHS Hurricane III Neo and I really like it! :-)

2. Top | #162
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: United States

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by phillypong View Post
      Hi guys,

A Belgian player ( i think he is a B4 so i would say about USATT 2500) who has a TT-shop has listed the rubbers he thinks are a good alternative for Tenergy 05 and here is his list :

Andro Hexer HD
      Andro Roxon 500pro
      Donic Acuda S1
      Donic Acuda S1 Turbo
      Donic Traction MS Pro
      Stiga Boost TX
      Stiga Calibra LT Plus
      Xiom Vega Pro
      Xiom Omega IV Pro
      Xiom Sigma Pro
      Yasaka Rakza 7

In this thread there are a few names that have already been mentioned.
      If you have played any of these please give some playing characteristics!
      When the Belgium players suggests alternatives, does he mean have the same playing characteristics as Tenergy rubbers or just rubbers that can be used that have their own good spin/speed/control characteristics?

I play with Razka 7 and am looking to replace it and have tried out T05, T25, and T64. Of the Tenergy rubbers, T64 is most to my liking but I can't say I am trilled with it. For me, Razka 7 doesn't play at all like any of the Tenergy rubbers (the players at my club agree). Razka is an ESN Tensor and plays like one. My opponents can quickly tell the difference when I am playing with Razka vs. Tenergy (Tenergy 64 suiting me the best). Rakza 7 can produce lots of spin and has a good catapulting effect with a corresponding loss of feel and control (at least in my hands). I also find that it does not have the consistency or linearity of Tenergy. The rubber simply has its own characteristics which may be agreeable to some players (not me, I hate it), but for me it doesn't have any resemblance to and of the Tenergy rubbers. I would hesitate to guess that none of the ESN Tensor rubbers play like Tenergy but it will be interesting to hear what other forum members have to say.

3. Top | #163
      says i saw a vid of me playing, it
      was horrible to see

Advanced TTD Member Country: Belgium

Equipment:
      Blade Waldner Senso Carbon
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 8 2.15 red
      Backhand Rubber TIBHAR Genius 2 mm

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 62 Times in 42 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by richrf View Post
      When the Belgium players suggests alternatives, does he mean have the same playing characteristics as Tenergy rubbers or just rubbers that can be used that have their own good spin/speed/control characteristics?

I play with Razka 7 and am looking to replace it and have tried out T05, T25, and T64. Of the Tenergy rubbers, T64 is most to my liking but I can't say I am trilled with it. For me, Razka 7 doesn't play at all like any of the Tenergy rubbers (the players at my club agree). Razka is an ESN Tensor and plays like one. My opponents can quickly tell the difference when I am playing with Razka vs. Tenergy (Tenergy 64 suiting me the best). Rakza 7 can produce lots of spin and has a good catapulting effect with a corresponding loss of feel and control (at least in my hands). I also find that it does not have the consistency or linearity of Tenergy. The rubber simply has its own characteristics which may be agreeable to some players (not me, I hate it), but for me it doesn't have any resemblance to and of the Tenergy rubbers. I would hesitate to guess that none of the ESN Tensor rubbers play like Tenergy but it will be interesting to hear what other forum members have to say.
      Rakza is NOT a ESN Tensor rubber (ESN is a German company), Rakza is made in Japan ! Not one ESN rubber is made in Japan !

This list is a list that suggest rubbers that are similar to T05, with similar he means equally speedy and spinny and performing rubbers. These rubbers may not be equally playing like Tenergy but should be competitive.
      I know the ESN rubbers are very spinny and speedy (more than a normal rubber like a sriver), i have never played a Tenergy, because i really doubt that it is worth the 60€ they cost now in Europe.
      I really wonder what magic formula Tenergy must have , since no other manufacturer seems to be able to create the same feel as Tenergy has.

I have tried a Yinhe (Galaxy) Sun in 2,2 mm red that should be an imitation of Tenergy 25 and am VERY disappointed, average speed, average control, lower than average spin, a normal sriver is definitely better. Yinhe claims that their Moon would be similar to a T05 . I dont want to test that because this will surely be completely wrong too.
      Last edited by phillypong; 01-29-2012 at 10:41 PM.

4. Top | #164
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Slovenia
      Equipment:
      Blade Timo Boll forte OFF
      Forehand Rubber Donic Acuda s3 (Max)
      Backhand Rubber Donic Acuda s3 (Max)

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 1 Post
      Guys, if u want rubber whit awesome fell,control, spin, speed, and litle softer sponge, ill recommend Acuda s3 from donic. But there is more versions, s3 is best for blocking and 3rd attacking. on Bh ... best rubber for Bh i ever tryed. Acuda s1 is HARD REALLY HARD, Acuda s2 is MEDIUM, Acuda s3 is soft... I will use acuda s3 for entire life... the best rubber ever+ 1 sheet costs 40 €. like i sad if ur looking for nice rubber i recommend ACUDA S3, not s2 or s1... ACUDA S3.. If you want, try u will se

5. Top | #165
      This user has no status.

V.I.P TTD Member Country: Indonesia
      Equipment:
      Blade CROSSOVER
      Forehand Rubber TO
      Backhand Rubber TAKEOVER!!

Indonesia - Currently studying in Perth, Western Australia
      Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 150 Times in 142 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by TTPoster View Post
      Try some chinese rubbers. I play DHS Hurricane III Neo and I really like it! :-)
      Yes indeed!
      Its like T05, chinese version!

Its very different tho but it is worth a try
      GFoT |Blade : Timo Boll ALC • FH : DHS Hurricane 3 Provincial MAX • BH : Tenergy 64 MAX
      Crossover to Takeover!

6. Top | #166
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by phillypong View Post
      Rakza is NOT a ESN Tensor rubber (ESN is a German company), Rakza is made in Japan ! Not one ESN rubber is made in Japan !
      Hi,

According to a thread on MyTT Rakza is an ESN but if I am incorrect, then I stand corrected. The comments on Rakza 7 may interest you and help you in your decision but unfortunately I cannot post the link directly. It is titled: Yasaka Rakza 7: anyone know about this rubber?

7. Top | #167
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Belgium

Equipment:
      Blade Stige rosewood nct V
      Forehand Rubber Thibar genius
      Backhand Rubber Thibar genius

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      xiom vega

8. Top | #168
      was horrible to see

Equipment:

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by richrf View Post
      Hi,

According to a thread on MyTT Rakza is an ESN but if I am incorrect, then I stand corrected. The comments on Rakza 7 may interest you and help you in your decision but unfortunately I cannot post the link directly. It is titled: Yasaka Rakza 7: anyone know about this rubber?
      Indeed you may be right, i found a picture of the Yasaka Rakza 7 (backside of the packaging) and there you can clearly read : made in Germany. Strange because Yasaka is a Japanese company ,which is also visible on the picture).
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rakza 7.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	1773

9. Top | #169
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: England

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Haven't the chinese come up with an equivalent for the Tenergy? I don't know what it's called but is probably cheaper!!

10. Top | #170
      This user has no status.

V.I.P TTD Member Country: Indonesia
      Equipment:
      Blade CROSSOVER
      Forehand Rubber TO
      Backhand Rubber TAKEOVER!!

Indonesia - Currently studying in Perth, Western Australia
      Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 150 Times in 142 Posts
      I guess everyone is still confused between the term tensor, ESN, tensioned rubbers, etc..
      Heres a link for your info:
      ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3906

11. Top | #171
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by YosuaYosan View Post
      I guess everyone is still confused between the term tensor, ESN, tensioned rubbers, etc..
      Heres a link for your info:
      ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3906
      Hi,

Thanks for the link. I read the thread and unfortunately it does little to settle the confusion. It may be impossible. My takeaway was this:

1) If the packaging has one of the ESN Tensor or Tensor Bios logos on it then it is definitely a Tensor since Tensor is a trademark of ESN.

2) If it is Made in Germany it may or may not be a Tensor. Certain companies such as Donic, Yasaka, and Tibhar have bought the rights (presumably) to use Tensor rubber without having to put the logo on their packaging. They use their own marketing terms.

3) There are many companies in Germany that manufacturer rubbers. However, the only company specifically mentioned.

So confusion seems to reign unless I mis-read the thread. In the case of Rakza, we know it is manufactured in Germany and that Yasaka has its own Hybrid Energy logo that it uses. This may or may not be an ESN rubber since apparently Yasaka has the rights to use its own logo even if it is a ESN Tensor rubber.

As I said, the thread was very confusing and I am not sure that any conclusions were reached, just many questions.

12. Top | #172
      was horrible to see

Equipment:

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by nima View Post
      Anyone who tried the Galaxy Moon, Sun or Mars V2 who are supposed to be copies of tenergy? are they anything like tenergy?
      I tried a red 2,2mm Yinhe Sun (the soft 33° version), it is really slow and not spinny enough. I didn't like it at all ! It is definitely not an alternative for Tenergy , i would NOT recommend these rubbers from Yinhe as a Tenergy alternative.
      Waste of money IMO.

13. Top | #173
      This user has no status.

Established TTD Member Country: Philippines
      Equipment:
      Blade Rosskopf Emotion
      Forehand Rubber T05
      Backhand Rubber 1Q

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
      Gambler Outlaw! good speed, good spin, awesome control. Not very durable. But what the heck, you can buy six Gambler sheets for the cost of one Tenergy!

14. Top | #174
      This user has no status.

International TTD Member Country: United States
      Equipment:
      Blade 蝴蝶王
      Forehand Rubber 狂飙
      Backhand Rubber t64

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 14 Times in 15 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Ball View Post
      Gambler Outlaw! good speed, good spin, awesome control. Not very durable. But what the heck, you can buy six Gambler sheets for the cost of one Tenergy!
      gambler outlaw, substitution for tenergy 05?

no, just no.

15. Top | #175
      This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member Country: United States

Equipment:
      Blade JOOLA Falcon Fast
      Forehand Rubber JOOLA Rhyzm P
      Backhand Rubber Hurricane 3 BS

Reviews
      Read 4 Reviews
      Liked 69 Times in 58 Posts
      Outlaw has a lower throw and plays more like a sriver with speed glue.

Most European rubber companies are manufactured through ESN's companies. So all in all most Euro rubbers are made by ESN. And actually I believe the ESN may own a manufacturer in Japan because I know JOOLA has some of their rubbers made in Japan. I can't remember exactly the company that owns that manufacturer, but if it is ESN then likely Razka is made by ESN. What people have to realize is that ESN is international not just a German company.

As for the topic I can now conclude and even hope that players will try out the Adidas P series or Tenzone series. They are without a doubt better in every category than the Tenergy Series. I've played with them for a while now and I believe even Feng Tianwei and other professionals are switching to it. At the cost of Tenergy I think you're getting a much better deal with Adidas. Mostly because it's cheaper, lighter, and produces more than the Tenergy line does. Not saying Tenergy isn't a good rubber, but it certainly is over used and many players shouldn't be trying it because they suffer from lack of technique.

If I were to recommend a good basic setup to do well with I would recommend 729 or Gambler rubbers on the Forehand and backhand to start out. If you are able to rip a ball with those rubbers then your technique is improving and you might be able to upgrade to these rubbers. The problem is that all of the hype produces many players with poor technique.

16. Top | #176
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Turkey

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly M Maze
      Forehand Rubber Tenergy 64 (1.9)
      Backhand Rubber Tenergy 05 (1.7)

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by plons View Post
      The problem with Tenergy is, once you've played with it, there's no way back.
      Yes I totaly agree with you... Unfortunately, i tried to find another solution for Tenergy because of the same reason but i could not find. If you are not a pro player then start playing with a cheap rubber. Ofcourse ruber is important but not as much as your abilities...

17. Top | #177
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Germany

Equipment:
      Blade Avalox P700
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar Nimbus Soft
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Nimbus Sound

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
      I play Tenergy 05 on FH and today the postman brings me the DHS Hurricane 3 Neo :-) can't wait to try this rubber!

18. Top | #178
      This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member Country: Finland

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Mattis View Post
      I play Tenergy 05 on FH and today the postman brings me the DHS Hurricane 3 Neo :-) can't wait to try this rubber!
      Well, it will be very different for sure. First it will probably feel completely dead to you, but it needs some time to break in. Even after the brake-in period it will probably feel slow because it isn't a bouncy catapult rubber. But keep playing with it for a while and see what happens.

19. Top | #179
      This user has no status.

International TTD Member

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 6 Times in 10 Posts
      Is it just me, or are there other players around that don't like playing Tenergy 05?
      I tried it for 4 months or so and the result is my FH is now totally screwed. Been practising like a mad-dog to get my killing FH topspin back since the 05 tragedy. I'm really angry with the rubber.
      I don't play it anymore, but Nimbus Soft was probably the best rubber I've ever played with.
      I like the TE05fx 1.9 on my BH, and I'm now about to try the TE64 on the FH
      Blade: Timo Boll ZLC
      FH: Tenergy 64 red 2.1
      BH: Tenergy 05FX Black 1.9

20. Top | #180
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Philippines

Equipment:
      Blade Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive
      Forehand Rubber DHS Skyline 3 Neo
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Sriver EL

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews