What is the best table tennis paddle set up?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
I really like the Tibhar blades especially the H 3-9 for the offensive players even the innerforce series of butterfly is really good

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Most professionals have custom blades made for them when they are ranked in top 50 or 100 to my knowledge. ZJK uses a custom viscaria that's rather heavy unlike the commercial blade. Timo also has a weight requirement with his blade. For the most part here's what most offensive players will use and what most defensive players will use.

An offensive player is looking for a medium to heavy blade that has harder cores and inner plies with a carbon ply and then usually a softer ply for touch, but also for added catapult effect when the balls energy rebounds off the core. It is the easiest way for players to attack the ball because they can generate much more power and speed through technique rather than through the equipment again this is a generalized statement that most offensive players are looking for.

A defensive player is very often looking for a soft to medium blade that allows for extra control and spin variation, but again is looking for something that will either help their lobbing, fishing, chopping, or whatever they use to defend with.

An all-around player will most likely try to find a blade regardless of hardness that is to their liking, but gives them the added benefit of both attack and defense.

Many players will look for the perfect blade and the perfect set up, but with a solid foundation in basics you should be able adjust your stroke and play with just about any set up. Remember to look for a set up in blade and rubber choices that plays to your strengths, but does not diminish your weaknesses.

For me the best setup is mine current one.
I think that Ma Long and Harimoto are using what they feel bets for them.
Till now a lot of players thought that Ma Longs's equipment is the best and tryed to play like him.
From now on a lot of players will start to think that Harimoto's equipment is the best and will try to play like him.
Who knows what would happen tomorrow or the days after?
Be yourself and find your path.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am offensive style player and using killer jet 800, i has a lot of spin

What the heck is a killer jet 800??

And was there a deeper reason that i just am unable to see for you to resurrect this dead thread from 2012?

hahahaha. I almost thought bestvela might be a bot but his one other post seems to be a response to someone.

However, the real thing that had me scratching my head was that Langel actually tried to give a real answer to the question of the thread as a result of bestvela's post. But I agree with you Suga....What the heck is a Killer Jet 800? And I suspect it may be the preassembled racket from Killerspin called the Jet 800. :) But I would still ask, what the heck? :)

Reactions: Suga D
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Hello Guys,

What is the best ping pong racket set up for Offensive and for Defensive type player based on your experience?

Thank you!

For offensive, Viscaria with Tenergy05 on both sides. Probably. What a great majority or pros use.
For defense.. uhm.. Dunno.