2012 Olympics Competition Winner

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
We now have a winner for the London 2012 Olympic Competition which included signatures signed by Timo Boll, Jorg Rosskopt, Ariel Hsing, Lily Zhang, Kelly Sibley, Joanna Parker and Naomi Owen on a TTD/Stiga T-Shirt :)

To read more on the competition details click here

Thanks to TableTennisDaily user Michal_Z for the competition entry statistics!

Here are all TTDaily members who joined the competition!
Bryce PaulJ5 pingpongnz TTOski Jefftanjs ziggy SpartonNZL markog99 Bollforte94 judah000 Vinnie xu37 TT Guru zhong97 Mikeh.95 zachkinjo mircea1327 Der_Echte Lachy el gato brenk minh0722 carlos chuz bzing raga4ka Nairod johndol steve05 Daniel. CamiloG tameen sajid fr33mumia azlan kiwiNCFC WiWa Super Chopper hypercolin joonpill DKPOWA RightHandedBoll mrxamad melvz78 strangeloop dici chughtai Damir Davott valouping kevin Raffols UpSideDownCarl pai2 Aussieron50 cocotouf yakisoba1521 Mattis firdausnazeri Mwit_Psychoror Fernando Edpolistico gus-13 ducksick poltery renben Giangt Ian Schlaftablette MJB TTPRO DustinZ Steven derekho YosuaYosan wilfred888 Knuckle Ball Vega Michal_Z Rhydian syedlee CANP Anders TT fan

Ok, the statistic with all votes:
Total votes: 86
Correct vote - 1st China, 2nd Korea, 3rd Germany - 37 which is 44,58%
Other votes:
1st China, 2nd Japan, 3rd Germany - 13 votes, which is 15,66%
1st China, 2nd Germany, 3rd Japan - 11 votes, which is 13,25%
1st China, 2nd Germany, 3rd Korea - 7 votes, which is 8,43%
1st China, 2nd Japan, 3rd Korea - 5 votes, which is 6%
1st China, 2nd Korea, 3rd Japan - 4 votes, which is 4,81%
1st China, 2nd Korea, 3rd Hongkong - 2 votes, which is 2,4%

Other options got only one vote, like:
1-China, 2- Hongkong, 3-Germany; 1-Korea, 2-Germany, 3-China; 1-Germany, 2-Korea, 3-China; 1-Korea, 2-China, 3-Germany.

All the possible winners who voted Gold for Germany, Silver for Korea and Germany for Bronze were put into the prize draw as seen below:

Step 1

All winning entrants were cut up and put into a prize draw

olympiccompetition20121.jpg

Step 2

Entrants were placed in the tin

olympiccompetition20122.jpg

Step 3

A winner was drawn from the tin of entrants

Congratulations to wilfred888 in winning TableTennisDaily's London 2012 Olympic competition!

olympiccompetition20123.jpg

Wilfred888 congratualtions! If you PM your address to us we will post your prize winning right away!

Stay tuned for more TableTennisDaily competitions! Thanks for everyone who took part! Plenty more competitions will be on their way soon.

Administrator
Oct 2010
i dont see my name in the draw nd i guessed the answer right :(

Hey Ghughtai, your name was in the draw because I have all the slips with me now and I can see your name. I think your entry is the one below Anders, it couldn't be seen in the flash from the camera.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Pretty sucky that people were still allowed to "guess" on the 7th (Just before Final) when it was incredibly easy to know the positions whereas a lot of us guessed at the Quarter Final stage. If another competition is run, I think there are fairer ways to do so.

Regardless, this isn't my competition so congratulations Wilfred888 and thanks for the opportunity to win such a great prize Dan.

Administrator
Oct 2010
Pretty sucky that people were still allowed to "guess" on the 7th (Just before Final) when it was incredibly easy to know the positions whereas a lot of us guessed at the Quarter Final stage. If another competition is run, I think there are fairer ways to do so.

Regardless, this isn't my competition so congratulations Wilfred888 and thanks for the opportunity to win such a great prize Dan.

Hey Davott, you are right, I messed up because I was rushing to create a Olympic competition for you guys. It was unfair, this will not happen again, I apologise for the inconvenience. I tried to make it as fair as possible in the end. Plenty more competitions to come buddy :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011

Well everyone knew it was possible to vote untill the bronze medal match, which was pretty easy to guess too. So voting in the QF stage was your own choice, making it hard for yourself but not unfair, because u knew u could've waited until a later stage :p

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
I think Dan and the crew want to give away the shirt to one of us. Not so much of a competition, but more of a lucky draw. That's why the dateline was until the 7th so as to give as many of us as possible to easily win the draw.

Besides, what Wiwa said is right...I waited till the very end.:)