says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
I just stumbled across a ball being auctioned from the London 2012 Olympics on their memorabilia website! :) Check it out here

ballolympicauction.jpg

Photo by: memorabilia.london2012.com

Theres 9 days to go. An official ball used in the Women's Team Table Tennis semifinals match 1 between Singapore and Japan at the London 2012 Olympic Games. This authentic piece of memorabilia is perfect for any sport fan or collector looking to bring home a piece of the games. This limited edition asset will come with an Official Sporting Memorabilia hologram and Certificate of Authencity.

Reactions: Steven
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
Wow the current bid is 150 pounds already! I know there are several real collectors of different TT-balls. I wanted to gather them as well when I were younger, but there are too many of them haha.
By the way there are balls from other matches as well, check it out by choosing 'Table Tennis' under the search bar.

Last edited:
Administrator
Oct 2010
Wow the current bid is 150 pounds already! I know there are several real collectors of different TT-balls. I wanted to gather them as well when I were younger, but there are too many of them haha.
By the way there are balls from other matches as well, check it out by choosing 'Table Tennis' under the search bar.

Haha yes crazy I just found a load more!! http://memorabilia.london2012.com/iSynApp/allAuction.action

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
At the Games I was lucky enough to get (non-Olympic) bats signed by Wang Hao and Ning Ding, and balls signed by the rest of the Chinese teams. I just wanted them as mementos. It never occurred to me that they'd be worth anything. Are they?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
At the Games I was lucky enough to get (non-Olympic) bats signed by Wang Hao and Ning Ding, and balls signed by the rest of the Chinese teams. I just wanted them as mementos. It never occurred to me that they'd be worth anything. Are they?

Wow great mementos Joe! Yeah seems like a lot of equipment is being auctioned on the links provided. People are bidding so they have some worth. Some are biding at £150.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Is it much different from a WTTC ball ? If yes, it could be pretty interesting :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
ohh thanks for the explanation wiwa. Since then the doubles event was ousted?
From wikipedia;):
In 1992 (only), two bronze medals were awarded in each event. Due to China's dominance in the sport the format was changed for the 2012 Olympics, such that only two competitors from each country can enter (instead of 3). This format makes it such that one country cannot win all three top medals - as has been the case during both the Individual Men's and Women's events at the Beijing Olympic tournament, where China dominated and won all 6 medals.[SUP][3][/SUP] In 2008, the doubles events were replaced by team events to lessen the emphasis on doubles play.