Ask Dimitrij Ovtcharov!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
We are going to interview Dimitrij Ovtcharov everyone! What would you like to ask the London 2012 Men's Singles Bronze Medalist?

dimawithmedals.jpg

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Why Dima, why did you beat Maze? :(:(:( No, just kidding :p

I wonder how he feels about his future, what he wants to achieve. He is in fact the most succesful Olympic table tennis player besides the Chinese already now: team silver and singles bronze is almost like the best you can get if you aren't Chinese :p
How close does he feel he is to Zhang Jike and Ma Long in terms of skill and how is he gonna close that gap? He is still young and European players usually have their peak in late 20s, while Zhang and Ma are almost at their peak now I think. I wonder what his opinion is on this :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
How was the feeling in the team-competition, when you were, after your medal in the single-competition, the true nr. 1 of german table tennis for the first time?? sry for bad english :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
China, Japan, South Korea, and France seem to have a lot of strong youth players. What do you think of the younger German players and in what direction do you see German and European table tennis going in?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
At the Olympics Timo Boll said of DO that 'He is maybe not the most talented, but he lives table tennis.' Does he believe that table tennis is a game anyone can develop the skills for, or does it require a talent that only some have? In which case, what would that talent be (hand-eye co-ordination etc?)?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Thanks Dan for the opportunity!

1. How important is equipment in the formative years of a player? What did you use and how did you choose?
2. How do you divide your time between physical exercises and time spent at the table?
3. How did you learn to read the opponent? For example, what do you do when you are playing someone for the first time and have not seen any video footage of him before?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Well my question is:
In the age of chinese dominance, you might want to beat the chinese.
But that is not an easy task to do - best way is to learn them as good as possible.
Are you considering to play in some chinese team in next Chinese Super League?
Do you think it could move you forward to be equal to them?

Another question:
Why do you use backhand push on the forehand side? You lose so many points doing that! Dont you know forehand push?