Butterfly Viscaria with Yasaka Rakza 7

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
I have just brought Butterfly Viscaria FL and planning to put Rakza 7 on both sides. I basically love to loop (which I am still learning) from both forehand and backhand. Also love to add side spin in ball. I hate chopping or backspin and rarely do it. Can someone guide me about this setup or what is recommended rubber on Viscaria.

My previous setup was Butterfly Primorac with DHS TG3 and Mark V in which I found TG3 very slow but good at spins. I try to loop from mid distance and close to table as I dont wait much for ball to come and always in real hurry to execute shot.

Please recommend.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Chinese rubbers are different from Japanese rubbers. When using Chinese rubbers, if you're stroke is slow, then the ball will travel slow, But if you're stroke is fast, then the ball will travel fast. Chinese rubbers have many gears. But when using a Japanese rubber, whether you're stroke is fast or slow, the ball will travel fast, doesn't have that many gears. DHS Tg3 is a really fast and spinny rubber, there may have been a problem with your stroke when you were using this rubber because this rubber is fast not slow. I recommend you DHS Tg3 on forehand and Tenergy 05 or 64 on backhand, whichever you prefer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
sxTT> Thanks hmm lets see I think I am an intermediate. I know the techniques, I know the science, I am able implement it 50-60%. And working hard to fully develop it. I started TT like 3 yrs ago and actually started playing singles and regulary 7-8 months back.
I choose this wood as it was written somewhere that it is a good looping blade and I dont think any stiff blade will be suitable for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
I just purchased a Viscaria ST @ 84gr. Due to the conditions where I practice and play I am forced to play close to the table, maybe one could say I can only play in the to close to close/mid distances. My favorite setup of all is this new Viscaria with Rakza 7 2.0 on both the FH and BH. It is perfect for me. I have some Rakza 7 soft, but never tried it on this blade. On other blades, I find the regular Rakza 7 better at the short game, so I tend to stick to it. If I had a 7 soft 2.0, I might give it a shot on the Viscaria, but all I have on hand is Max.

If I was able to play at a real "mid" distance maybe I would give Rakza 7 Max a try, but the 2.0 works well for my needs.

If the 7 soft, is too soft on the Viscaria, just go with another sheet of Rakza 7 for the BH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
I love my Viscaria and ga8 47,5 2.0 setup because the trajectory of ga8 is very curvy and if you add very flat trajectory of Viscaria you have ultimate weapon to play
In different type of game. Spinny loops are very agressive, touch is very soft. Hitting -high kick, maybe blocking is sometimes too bouncy
The biggest Cons is overshooting and weight I have 90 grams blade