Ma Long replaces Zhang Jike (World Cup 2012)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Wiwa is right. Ma Long has to win now!
I think the Chinese Coaches gave Ma Long the chance to play because he was not allowed to play in the Olympic Singles though he was the best player in the world ( with Zhang Jike). And Liu Gouliang know this fact. ZJK has this title anyways. And if he really want this title again than he will get this a secon time. I am sure!

This user has no status.
there might be lots of reason. according to me
1- he should give some chance to other player, xu xin ma lin, others.
he cant let zhang and m.long to play all time
2-he may now want zhang or ma long to get all title and become a lengend :)
3-chinese federation can decide that who will go and play
4-there might some injuries or zhang may not want to play or let others player to play.
5-lets say, zhang and ma long play in every title, so how can other chinese player will go up in the world rank,
otherwise other nationality players will be in top ten more than china :)

those are my opinios. But i want to see all chinese players in the tournament :) and want to be played the tournament like league :D
so every player can play eachother :) that it is gonna be totaly awesome :) our eyes will see who is the king of table tennis :D

This user has no status.
Maybe we need a new tournament: World Top 10 Players plays against each other --> every player has to play 9 matches. So many good matches and a lot of youtube material! And you will see who has the best stamina! ;)

exactly, that's what the hell i want to see and desire :) it would be unbelievable, i cant even imagine :)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Maybe we need a new tournament: World Top 10 Players plays against each other --> every player has to play 9 matches. So many good matches and a lot of youtube material! And you will see who has the best stamina! ;)

Woah! Awesome idea!! If I was rich I would set this up! Haha

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
I am totally disappointed being as a ZJK fan... I don't know why LGL made this kind of decision for the reigning world champ !!! If you hear something pls post it here because there is not any meaningful explanations about this situation.

possible reasons that i think:

1. LGL has some doubts about ZJK's performance's sustainability
2. He wants XX to be a new world champ ! not Ma Long
3. or this is the last chance of ma Long

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
What happens if we send an e mail about this crasy ideay to ittf ? would they care this idea or try to set up this kinda tournaments :)

You could always try emailing them, the problem is the top 10 rankings at 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 change a fair bit. I guess you could averagely put the top 10 players from the year in the tournament :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
You could always try emailing them, the problem is the top 10 rankings at 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 change a fair bit. I guess you could averagely put the top 10 players from the year in the tournament :)

Just make it a top-12, nobody will complain :p By the way, at this point Zhang Jike should replace Xu Xin because he didn't even manage to win the Harmony China Open despite the absence of the few players he is allowed to lose against.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Just make it a top-12, nobody will complain :p By the way, at this point Zhang Jike should replace Xu Xin because he didn't even manage to win the Harmony China Open despite the absence of the few players he is allowed to lose against.

Good point, a World Top 12!

Awesome!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Maybe Zhang got injured after being thrown away by the umpire:
7701989730_bd355f0ffd_o.jpg

Reactions: Michal_Z
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think you guys are all making way to much of this. Ma Long's last chance. Nah. Zhang Jike should be there. Nah. I think, all that matters to CNT is that a player from China is in the winner's circle. In 2009 when China sent Ma Long and Chen Chi, Ma Long was China's #2 ranked player and Chen Chi was China's #5 ranked player. Now, I am sure China felt they should have won anyway. And somehow Chen Chi and Ma Long both lost to Samsonov, but, Samsonov was an underdog and China should have one that World Cup, based on statistics.

I would say that, Zhang Jike will win more major titles. And I have a feeling Ma Long will start winning major titles this year or in 2013. China did not give up on Wang Hao just be cause he had 2 Silver Medals at the Olympics and no Gold Medals. Now he has 3 Silver Medals. :)

And Ma Long has never done a Hao Shuai and lost after being fully in control of the match, at the World Championships, to a non-Chinese player. Truthfully, what they did to Hao Shuai as a result of that loss to Michael Maze back in 2005 is a little messed up. Hao Shuai is a darn good player. But, they are not going to do the same thing to Ma Long, just like they did not do that to Ma Lin even though he never won a World Championship and it took him till 2008 to win his Olympic Gold. They kept him in there and still do, because they know he is great and some of why he does not have any World Championship singles titles is because someone else who was great also (Wang Liqin) was sort of in his way.

Reactions: judah000