says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
2012 Paralympic Games,29 Aug 2012 - 09 Sep 2012, London, ENG

As the Olympic table tennis event in London came to an end at the excel arena, the public already had their eyes set on the Paralympics table tennis that is due to ‘bounce off’ this Thursday. The Olympic table tennis was such a success in relation to its popularity that it attracted far more people than was initially anticipated. And just a couple of days after the Olympic closing ceremony all tickets for the para table tennis were sold out! This just goes to show that viewers were overwhelmed with the standard of table tennis that they were already waiting in anticipation of the para table tennis as soon as China secured Gold a couple of weeks ago.

parathreadbanner.jpg

Will Bayley (left) of Great Britain - Photo by: etta
Natalia Partyka (right) of Poland - Photo by: Getty Images

So now the Paralympics is upon us and with far more medals at stake! Players are separated into various classes based on the severity of their disability. From class 10, 9, 8 etc. up to wheelchair class. More medals! More table tennis! More London 2012 action from the incredible Excel arena! What more could you want?.... Now the Paralympians take to the stage!!!

To get the full list of top seeded players from each event from the singles click here

The Draw

zhoulondon.jpg

Zhou Ying, gold in Beijing; top seed in Women's Singles Class 4 in London
Photo By: Courtesy of Chinese Paralympic Committee

In the Olympic Games China secured every medal on offer, however at the Paralympic Games this is not possible, although China still present formidable players. China are the favourite to secure the most amount of medals in the table tennis events in the Excel Arena. In the Men's events, China have five players who are top seeded positions, with two of the players being gold medalists in Beijing!

This applies the same for the women line up. Four players from China occupy the top seeded spots who are all Olympic Gold medalists from Beijing.

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular event! What are your predictions from each event?

says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Heres me and Myles Collins with class 7 number 2 seed Will Bayley

View attachment 2652

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

haha awesome stuff not sure if I shoulda pulled my silly face lol just a good laugh...paralympians were amazing!

Reactions: WiWa