Back to Forum
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 3 61
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 61 3

New bat for a friend

One of my friends needs a new blade and rubbers, as he is improving very little. He is using Sriver EL on bh and fh, on a yellow andro kinetic supreme off+ (which I think is where the biggest problem lies) its his second bat. He's been playing for 2 years now, he still has a hard time spinning the ball which is no wonder because I tried his bat myself and the rubbers are dead. Would Yasaka Sweden Classic be a good replacement as a blade?
    I would like some suggestions as to blade + rubbers for him

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 150 2,988
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 2,988 150

User Info Menu

Mar 2011
    Indonesia
    Read 1 Reviews
    Haven't tried too much blade to really reccomend, but an allround blade with 5 ply and softer outer ply would be great
    Sriver EL is a good rubber but for learners it would be best in 1.9mm sponge I think.. That is if he (or she?) don't want to switch..
    GFoT |Blade : Timo Boll ALC • FH : DHS Hurricane 3 Provincial MAX • BH : Tenergy 64 MAX
    Crossover to Takeover!

says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad

Master TTD Member 11,039 10,826

Master TTD Member 10,826 11,039

User Info Menu

I have an Andro Kinetic OFF or OFF+ as one of my work bats. I equipped it with XP 2008, which is similar in performance to Sriver. I find that bat very controlable and somewhat slow. A beginner attacker wannbe could learn the game with that bat just fine. I would say replace the rubbers if needed, but Sriver has a way of lasting pretty long. If the Sriver is more than a couple years old, get some cheap non-tacky control rubber and have at it, or by expensive Tenergeys, whatever floats the boat.

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 4,422 3,681
    T
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 3,681 4,422
    I would try to find as soft and as thick a rubber or may be something tacky that can hold the ball. The primary problem with OFF+ blades ( e.g Gergley ) is that it does not let you hold the ball on the paddle .. direct consequence its hard to loop with that kind of an equipment, and the player slowly becomes a mid distance blocker. If that does not work , I will change to a more traditional setup. Believe me, from my little exposure , the OFF + blade and slow rubber is not a good compromise or equivalent of OFF- blade with a faster rubber. There is a reason why the rubber companies are making money

This user has no status.

TTD Member 3 43
    M
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 43 3

User Info Menu

Sep 2011
    Finland
    Read 0 Reviews
    I always recommend bty Gruppa all+ for learning. I think any 1.7 offensive rubber would be fine.

Master TTD Member 11,039 10,826

Master TTD Member 10,826 11,039

User Info Menu

I can spin the ball just fine with the Kinetic OFF with XP 2008. That blade has enough dwell for looping. If you slap the ball, it can really go, but there is plenty of ability to spin the ball with that blade. With XP 2008, that bat feels way slower than Aurus on a TBS, which is a slower blade.