what are people using to boost rubbers now due to the glue ban?

This user has no status.
Hello,

Baby oil does not work well, the vegetable oil (like in the small movie) only increases the grip, not the speed.
If you want to boost just like during the era of speed glue, use paraffine (lamp oil) on the sponge (1 or better 2 layers , let dry for 1 hour).
The rubber will get a dome ,just like speed glueing and will play just like it was speed glued, and this will stay for about a week.

The Dandoy bio booster and products alike are 95 % paraffine, but A LOT more expensive than lamp oil.

Indeed I have also tried a Stiga Calibra LT sound 2 mm (on a Donic Waldner Senso Carbon), and it plays a lot tlike a glued rubber, only with less spin I would say, but good speed and SOUND !!!
On a Donic Baum Sawtec Off wood , the Calibra LT Sound 2 mm is REALLY spectacularly similar to speed glueing !!! (a player of my club has this setup and i played a match with this, it just is not suited for short play or chopping, short pushing). It is a real speed demon !!
The Calibra works best on a VERY stiff blade, making the ball dig in the rubber and the rubber kicks out the ball.

This user has no status.
S

This user has no status.
here's my two cents :)
according to my experience baby oil does not work. it will only make your rubber softer, nothing else.
parafin oil is supposed to work but people who use it say they have to leave it to dry for long time, just uncomfortable.
I found a solution that suits me good.
1- buy this product
http://www.musicroom.com/se/ID_No/0334526/details.html
2- apply it on the sponge and spread (it is a spray, like a deodorant)
3- immediately after apply speed glue in the sponge and in the blade.
4- let dry and put together
with this I have like 3 weeks of moderate playing capabilities.
my equipment is
stiga clipper with fh h3neo bh sriver
and I only tune the h3neo.

Hey There.
First Post and btw i like this forum great stuff here, especially the interviews.

Everyone should know that boosting doesnt do ur rubber any good in terms of durability.
I prefer booster like tibhar clean tune to any lamp oil or other oils ive tested before.
The effect is really good and allot like using speedglue but my T05's lasts only about two thirds of the time they would have lasted without boosting.
The special feeling u get in ur passive game and the extrem power and spin in ur active game from theese boosted Tenergys is quiet unique but hard to control and u need to train allot to have the same basic security (i hope u get what i mean i dont know the english word for it) as you have when not boosting.
And for those who play very close to the table...chinese rubbers u can boost like hell and still play close to the table. With Tenergy its allot more difficult since the rubbers get this flubbery feeling.

take care

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Read 4 reviews
I also dont use boosters, just tenergy 05 on a fast stiga blade, i find this fast enough. However i have tried baby oil as a booster and it has a very similar effect to all table tennis boosters and is undetectable by bat testing machines. So this would definately be fine to use in the local league :)

did you put the baby oil on the sponge or...?
can you pls explain the proces shortly?thx

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
When you put a little baby oil on the topsheet it makes it a little more grippy. When you do it to much, to often, for too long, it kills the topsheet. When you put baby oil on the sponge it causes the sponge to expand. With baby oil, when the sponge expands, it will not shrink again. It stays expanded. Lamp oil works better for expanding the sponge. You get a better effect. Baby oil makes the sponge softer but it starts feeling mushy.

I would not bother with this stuff. Just get good rubbers like Tenergy 05 and leave them alone when you glue them on. When they are almost dead, if you put oil on the topsheet, you will get an extra few days or weeks of play out of them. Not too much though. That video is telling you to put a lot of oil on the topsheet. If you really want to figure this stuff out, just play with rubbers that are dead or dying so you do not mess your equipment up.