Who will win the 2012 European Championships 2012?

• Timo Boll

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Michael Maze

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Adrian Crisan

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Adrien Mattenet

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bastian Steger

• Chen Weixing

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters

M51

says Poly balls still suck.

M51

Sep 2012
8-4 to 8-11 with no time-out :S This is really sad.. Nowhere near his OS and World Cup form.
Damn shame. How the hell does one lose seven points in a row before the home crowd, after coming back from 0:3 to 2:3? He should have had an immense psychological advantage at that point, maximum confidence. Too bad.

Ah well, I hope Samsonov does good. But I have a feeling we're gonna have ourselves an "All-German" finale.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Maze was so disappointing omg ..
I mean - who kicks the table in top 100 in the world ????
Who does it in top 200?
That was just stupid.. out of self control, he should be ashamed for himself..
At least he didnt throw out his bat after he lost ..
He didnt deserve to win with that attitude..

This user has no status.
Maze was so disappointing omg ..
I mean - who kicks the table in top 100 in the world ????
Who does it in top 200?
That was just stupid.. out of self control, he should be ashamed for himself..
At least he didnt throw out his bat after he lost ..
He didnt deserve to win with that attitude..

Who does it? Christian Süß :D Not so often now anymore (luckily) but until 2 or 3 years ago he did it in nearly every game when it went bad for him...
And Maze did it a lot when he was younger..

M51

M51

Sep 2012
And Maze did it a lot when he was younger..
I read somewhere that Bjorn Borg did it also at young age, but then got suspended by his own club and used the time for some soul searching. Came out of it a different person, calm, serious, calculated. He didn't become a true tennis giant before dealing with his temper.

Jonnie Mack and Goran Ivanišević are a whole different story, though. Hotheads till the very end. :D

But the truth is, when you lose it, start cursing, throwing stuff kicking it around, you're just embarrassing yourself.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
You can notice so much clumsiness in Maze's forehand shots. I don't know if this has always been his technique or he was just really nervous but in this match his right arm waves around strangely as if he wasn't confident and whenever he looped forehand he lacked a proper body twist along with his right arm to stretch completely to his left side before finally making the swing with his racket to the right side (because he's left handed).

Just take a look at 1:07 how strange his technique for top spins are.

Last edited:

M51

M51

Sep 2012
Maze's outbursts are nothing compared to McEnroe... To the umpire: "ANSWER MY QUESTION! THE QUESTION, JERK!" Always entertaining to watch games with McEnroe.
He pulled that sh*t even at old age, playing in the senior tour. It's a part of his public persona, so he wears it.

Last edited: