PlasmaLight playing ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Block at 2:12 waz ganz wunderbar and how the F*#K did that opponent stay in the point and win at 3:30 to 3:42 ???

Wow.

Rally at 5:09 to 5:16 waz simply EPIC.

Auch 2 Rallies bis 6:00 !!!

Full of highlight plays.

thanks for the great feedback :) yeah second one was a good match :) this guy played 31-3 last season and was the best in our devision ;) so if i wouldnt have missed some easy topspins in the 5th game, i could win the match. but he is like a wall :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
thanks for the great feedback :) yeah second one was a good match :) this guy played 31-3 last season and was the best in our devision ;) so if i wouldnt have missed some easy topspins in the 5th game, i could win the match. but he is like a wall :D

He looks pretty stable in his game. That does the difference right, but still you played a good game :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
plasmalight you got a very strong FH but you have to work on your consistency . Its the most common bad habit in players at your level , dont hate the ball ...love it ! Make sure it stays on the table and slow down your moves a bit and you will see great improvement . Sometimes you attacked when you were out of position , thats big mistake friend , first put pressure on your opponent by playing short balls and then go for a both secure and strong spinny FH .

Try this on your next game

1.BH push on your opponents elbow (vary the distance) or to the middle of his body if he has a bad backhand , most of the times he will return a bad push or very slow attack to your middle

2.Turn around and take a good position with your legs for a FH attack

and here there are 2 options most of the time (we suppose you play with a player at your level)

a)short ball -> u push with FH push back long and fast to his middle or elbow

b)long ball -> u unleash your deadly FH loop or topspin over the table

conclusion : try to develop 2 bounce serves (this means 1 bounce to your side and 2 to opponents side) and slow down a bit your attacks , trust me you will get to another level !

keep it up !

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
plasmalight you got a very strong FH but you have to work on your consistency . Its the most common bad habit in players at your level , dont hate the ball ...love it ! Make sure it stays on the table and slow down your moves a bit and you will see great improvement . Sometimes you attacked when you were out of position , thats big mistake friend , first put pressure on your opponent by playing short balls and then go for a both secure and strong spinny FH .

Try this on your next game

1.BH push on your opponents elbow (vary the distance) or to the middle of his body if he has a bad backhand , most of the times he will return a bad push or very slow attack to your middle

2.Turn around and take a good position with your legs for a FH attack

and here there are 2 options most of the time (we suppose you play with a player at your level)

a)short ball -> u push with FH push back long and fast to his middle or elbow

b)long ball -> u unleash your deadly FH loop or topspin over the table

conclusion : try to develop 2 bounce serves (this means 1 bounce to your side and 2 to opponents side) and slow down a bit your attacks , trust me you will get to another level !

keep it up !

yeah i know :) i often do mistakes, cause my game is too risky :D but i love it. its my philosophy. 10 mistakes and 1 big point is better than 10 ordinary points and 1 mistake ;) ... maybe when i get older, i will play more save (which i could do easily now, too) but i´m young and free :D so no risk no fun ;) do it !! :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
PlasmaLight.. Your FH is sexy. Too bad you couldn't win the 2nd match but it was quite awesome to see your FH loops far from the table. Can you make a video of your serves? Your serve action is v.good. Maybe I could try imitating it. Who was the inspiration?

my serves are a little bit too long, but they have a lot of spin, thats why you cant attack them that simple :D

Reactions: strangeloop
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
What I like about your service motion is your backswing and your sudden-ness. It makes it difficult to anticipate the angle, direection, depth, break and of course spin if you disguised it well.

I used to have a longer stroke, but I seem to have simplified my serve motion over the last few years here in Korea. Maybe I need to learn a long serve motion as a variant. I am able to make all spins with my relatively short motion and if I have along motion (like Urs) and do the same variations of everything, I could fare better vs some of my opponents who trouble me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
What I like about your service motion is your backswing and your sudden-ness. It makes it difficult to anticipate the angle, direection, depth, break and of course spin if you disguised it well.

I used to have a longer stroke, but I seem to have simplified my serve motion over the last few years here in Korea. Maybe I need to learn a long serve motion as a variant. I am able to make all spins with my relatively short motion and if I have along motion (like Urs) and do the same variations of everything, I could fare better vs some of my opponents who trouble me.

Yeah the thing is, that that i have to do some movements, when i throw up the ball. i can do serves witshort movement as well, but then the opponent can better the what kind of spin i use. so the serves are just tries of ma longs and zhang jikes serve :D but they workite well. a little bit to long but a lot of spin in it ;) the zhang serve is the best i ever had. good variations and the movement often irritates the opponent :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
I like your latest video that you put up, great match! I love your style, but one thing that I think that you might need to take note off is the 'process you need to do after you serve to get into position to counter' the return from your opponent. What I mean is that right after you serve, you move a bit to slow to get into the playing position. I see your serve closely resembles Ma Long's one (which I myself am amazed by). What Ma Long does after he serves is kind of jumping 'quickly' into the position after he serves (the position being that you lower your height a bit, your legs are shoulder width or wider apart and you are ready to counter or loop etc.) This is one thing that i've noticed that you might want to change in order to really take advantage of the opponents return. If you don't know what I mean, this video will show you:

@0:06 is where you should start watching and onwards, this is showcasing Ma Long's sidespin serve in slow-motion and his position right after he serves :D Hope you found this useful (I definitely utilized this slow-mo video when I practice trying to emulate Ma Long's serve!)

Anyway, I loved your matches, watched most of them and I truly admire your forehand loop! :D Keep up with the videos man, we would definitely love to see more of your playing! I might upload some of my own as well!