Fixed Table Tennis Daily Ads?

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity drops tomorrow!
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey buddy :)

The ads are from google adsense. The way the ads work is by analyzing the site to find out what content is being used to work out the visitors. In this case its table tennis visitors and google will publish table tennis ads. However google adsense can take some time to work this out. But you are right they should be table tennis ones by now.

I think the reason google adsense is not displaying many table tennis ads is because there are not many companies using google ads to advertise their products. Maybe i'm wrong here, ill ask around :)

Administrator
Oct 2010
I kind of believe they track which site have you access through google.com and your location. As I'm in singapore right now there is no any TT store publish their ads on google, so all I get is some random ads.

Yeah, interesting you have just said that dici. I literally just read up some stuff on google and they have a new geo targeting system which is tracking people's local places rather than global places/products. So we are all probably receiving our local business ads/products and if there are no local table tennis stores we are receiving random ads.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
TTD Programmer
Nov 2011
Yeah, interesting you have just said that dici. I literally just read up some stuff on google and they have a new geo targeting system which is tracking people's local places rather than global places/products. So we are all probably receiving our local business ads/products and if there are no local table tennis stores we are receiving random ads.

Yes, this is true, it's a pain because you usually get useless ads, but unfortunately we can't change that :(