How does one post a video on you tube?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
I have a high speed video of a ball and paddle impact at 2000 FPS. I have tried different ways of posting the video but I keep getting errors that I used too many tags.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IHU8Ofqau28" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
OK, I got it too work if I just post the video.
The video is of me looping a ball "thrown" by a Newgy 2050 at a speed setting of 21. My paddle is a Firewall Plus with T25 on the fore hand. The camera is an Olympus iSpeed2 with a 50mm lens with a F/1-F/1.4 that is capable of shooting videos at speeds up to 33000 FPS but lighting is a problem way before that. This video was shot at 2000 FPS and I was staring into 2500W of halogen lamps so I really couldn't see the ball when I hit it.

The best way to view the video is to down load it and view it frame by frame in a loop using VLC or some other video viewer that can view videos frame by frame.

Enjoy, hopefully this video will answer some questions or raise new ones.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
You don't need to go above 1000 FPS when you're filming slow motion. It's typically unnecessary, plus you would need several 2K's and that's too costly for the average consumer. Really for slow motion table tennis you could run off 60-120 and slow it down via after effects or other programs.
It depends on what you are looking for. I wanted to count the frame the ball is in contact with the rubber. I agree with you if you just want to take videos of people playing.
I was told the camera cost about $16K but it is an older model that can't record color.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I thought that downloading off of Youtube would be easier than downloading off of my site
Try this
http://deltamotion.com/peter/TableTennis/iSpeed2/movie/4B03739m.avi
I counted 3 frames which could be anywhere from just over 1 ms to just under 2 ms with somewhere in between being most likely. Some count only two frames.

Here is another video where I am blocking with the same paddle but with the Giant Dragon Talon 0X on the back hand. You can see the rubber doesn't slow down the spin much if at all. That is what a LP 0X push blocker wants to see.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Markvee, because you showed interest try this link
http://deltamotion.com/peter/TableTennis/iSpeed2/movie/
It is the link to the whole directory of high speed videos.
Again, the best way to video the videos is to download the .avi files and view them frame by frame using VLC or some other viewer that allows on to view videos frame by frame in a loop.

So what do you guys think the dwell time is? I think it is very short on the order of 1 to 2 milliseconds at most for inverted rubber and less for the LP.

I have a TBS+2xT05 just like Dan's setup. I haven't taken any high speed vidos of that but I can if anybody is interested. I don't expect much difference in the dwell times.

If you have any questions then ask.

BTW, I am borrowing the high speed camera. I am told it cost about $16000 US. I have been also told that the lense on the high speed camera is insanely fast.

Last edited: