Rubbers comparison table...?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
That's more from opinions from players, but some have the manufacters ratings.

Manufacturers will always try to give the rubbers good ratings as a way of advertising and the rubber may or may not be compatible for most players. Therefore, opinions from players' experience of the particular rubber may give the person an insight into what the rubber is like and if it is for him/her.

And in fact, that's the website I use to get the background information about the rubber, it's advantages and disadvantages :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
The paddle palace also has a nice comparison table for the rubbers it sells but I doubt it is that accurate. There is NO standard way of testing rubber.
I don't think player's opinion are accurate because people aren't calibrated and each uses the same rubbers in different ways.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
The paddle palace also has a nice comparison table for the rubbers it sells but I doubt it is that accurate. There is NO standard way of testing rubber.
I don't think player's opinion are accurate because people aren't calibrated and each uses the same rubbers in different ways.
Somewhat true, you need to test them for yourself to put your opinion on the rubber.
I recently got Tenergy 05 for the first time, it wasn't that great as people described it was.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
Somewhat true, you need to test them for yourself to put your opinion on the rubber.
Very true! I see many ask for evaluations and get lots of different opinions but a lot depends on how the rubber is used. I believe in "buy and try".

I recently got Tenergy 05 for the first time, it wasn't that great as people described it was.
I have been playing with T05 for almost 3 years now. The problem is that my style is more of a counter hitter/blocker. For the longest time I wasn't really able to take advantage of what T05 could do. Now I can, at least until I get tired play back from the table and running around in looping contests where T05 excels.
T05 is a waste if one is going to just block and hit at the table. The point is that many very good players use T05 and can get a lot out of it. T05 may not be the best rubber for you and me.

There are two ways to evaluate rubbers. One is by playing with them. Everyone will have a different opinion depending on how they play. The second way is to truly test rubbers for speed and spin characteristics of the rubber itself. The rubber would need to be mounted on something solid and evaluated using some sort of computer measuring equipment so the results would be independent of blades and players. Then one can accurately measure the speed and spin characteristics of the rubber alone. No one is willing to do this.

BTW, I live close to the Paddle Palace and asked them about how they determine the numbers in their tables. I was told the numbers are an average of subjective evaluations of a few people. There are no calibrated machines to do the testing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Very true! I see many ask for evaluations and get lots of different opinions but a lot depends on how the rubber is used. I believe in "buy and try".

I have been playing with T05 for almost 3 years now. The problem is that my style is more of a counter hitter/blocker. For the longest time I wasn't really able to take advantage of what T05 could do. Now I can, at least until I get tired play back from the table and running around in looping contests where T05 excels.
T05 is a waste if one is going to just block and hit at the table. The point is that many very good players use T05 and can get a lot out of it. T05 may not be the best rubber for you and me.

There are two ways to evaluate rubbers. One is by playing with them. Everyone will have a different opinion depending on how they play. The second way is to truly test rubbers for speed and spin characteristics of the rubber itself. The rubber would need to be mounted on something solid and evaluated using some sort of computer measuring equipment so the results would be independent of blades and players. Then one can accurately measure the speed and spin characteristics of the rubber alone. No one is willing to do this.

BTW, I live close to the Paddle Palace and asked them about how they determine the numbers in their tables. I was told the numbers are an average of subjective evaluations of a few people. There are no calibrated machines to do the testing.
I bought T05 because I have only used chinese rubbers before and want to know why top chinese players use t05.