Table Tennis and Traveling

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
Do you know this feeling?
You are travelling to another city, another country, another continent.
You travel for 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months or a year.
Wouldnt it be nice to take your tabletennis bat with you and play without stress against native players from a different city/country?

You don't know anybody but u don't want to miss out an opportunity to play table tennis?
Wouldn't it be fun to get to know people through the most amazing sport: Table tennis?
Meeting up, playing some chops and topspins, talk to a native player/citizen, get to know special places/dishes and build an awesome friendship!
That's what is on my mind!

Let's get a thread going where you post your next travel destination and time span of the travel so we can meet up, play some matches and have fun at a drink afterwards and socializing!

Reactions: Suga D and darkky65
Dec 2012
I will of course start as a host:

My name's Chris and I'm from Austria, Vienna and 20 years old. (as you can see from my profile :p )
I know many clubs here in Vienna, have a lot of fun playing tt, have many different bats and rubbers to maximize fun :p and i'm always open for a match!

If you plan on travelling to Vienna, send me a message. I can help you guide through the city, even host you in my apartment (where i have a mini tabletennis-table :D ) and of course play a lot of tt :)

Cheers, Chris! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Good idea, I always wanted to do this but never had the opportunity.
The problem is whenever I go China they are all studying and never playing Table Tennis, I was left with all the little kids =___=.

I live in Sydney, Australia and I'm Chinese, 15 years of age.
I don't think I can guide you around but I might have some rounds with you.

Last edited:
Dec 2012
Good idea, I always wanted to do this but never had the opportunity.
The problem is whenever I go China they are all studying and never playing Table Tennis, I was left with all the little kids =___=.

I live in Sydney, Australia and I'm Chinese, 15 years of age.
I don't think I can guide you around but I might have some rounds with you.

Thank you! Somewhen you will be lucky and they won't study :)
Nice to know! i won't be in Australia for a time but who knows? ;)

No problem, its not about that, its more about playing table tennis and having some fun!

Dec 2012
I would love to go to Austria and have a match with my all time favourite player- Werner Schlager
Have you ever met Schlager, Chris? Austria is a very small place compared to Australia.

I would love to welcome you here!

Werner is very often at the WSA (Werner Schlager Academy) not so far from my home, but he often seems very stressed and busy.
If you are lucky (really lucky) you could meet him and talk with him ( he sure does like to talk :D ) and maybe play a ball or two :)

Yes Austria is a small place compared to many countrys ^^

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
I've never travelled to anywhere and played table tennis with the people of the country before D: So i've never had that experience; i'm 15 as well like XIII, and live in Australia as well. Thailand, which is where i'm going overseas really lacks the amount of table tennis players; really hard to find any clubs in the local area except for the main areas like Bangkok and Pattaya, which is far from where my family overseas lives, which SUCKS! D:

Would definitely love to go to europe, like Vienna to play at! One day, one day I will!

Dec 2012
I've never travelled to anywhere and played table tennis with the people of the country before D: So i've never had that experience; i'm 15 as well like XIII, and live in Australia as well. Thailand, which is where i'm going overseas really lacks the amount of table tennis players; really hard to find any clubs in the local area except for the main areas like Bangkok and Pattaya, which is far from where my family overseas lives, which SUCKS! D:

Would definitely love to go to europe, like Vienna to play at! One day, one day I will!

One day, one day you can bet i will host you some nights and we will play until we fall on the earth :D

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I am William in Korea. I usually get asked a LOT on some places to play. A lot of times, someone pops up on our Korean Foreign TTC Facebook page and leaves a message. Sometimes, someone does this in the TT froums, usually MyTT forum. Spring 2012 I met a doctor traveling through Korea from MyTT thread and just a few weeks ago, a dude temporarily in Korea messaged me on FB and I had him take the train north of Seould and we hit at a local club.

Sometimes I can actually meet TT forum members from TTD. Last time, I met D@vid from TTD here. We even went to a tourney, where he got 3rd place.

TT forums are good for facilitating this.

If I ever go to Austrailia, a TT shop owner has promised to house me, get me to his TT centre, and make a lot of matches at his TT shop with forum friends.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
I am William in Korea. I usually get asked a LOT on some places to play. A lot of times, someone pops up on our Korean Foreign TTC Facebook page and leaves a message. Sometimes, someone does this in the TT froums, usually MyTT forum. Spring 2012 I met a doctor traveling through Korea from MyTT thread and just a few weeks ago, a dude temporarily in Korea messaged me on FB and I had him take the train north of Seould and we hit at a local club.

Sometimes I can actually meet TT forum members from TTD. Last time, I met D@vid from TTD here. We even went to a tourney, where he got 3rd place.

TT forums are good for facilitating this.

If I ever go to Austrailia, a TT shop owner has promised to house me, get me to his TT centre, and make a lot of matches at his TT shop with forum friends.
If you come to Sydney you can go to Aussie Table Tennis which is like a shop full of table tennis things, table tennis shops are quite rare here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
got some forum friends there as well, but this gent making the most gracious of offers (and use of a car) owns a tt shop in melbourne.
q____q glorious,This guy must have a great life...

omg why is my font like this?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Awesome guys! Loving all your contributions and posts! You are all more than welcome to come and join me for some practice if you come to the UK. I mainly base in Bristol where I coach at the Bristol Academy of Sport. You guys would love it there, 20 table venue with lots of players :) I met a TTD member at the London 2012 Olympics, that was cool. Maybe a lot of us can meet up one day. Paris Worlds I may try to go to :)

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Giangt