Table Tennis and Traveling

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
if anyone dares to come up to northern Sweden, to Umeå, we have a great table tennis center for you to play in. http://www2.idrottonline.se/UmeaBTK-Bordtennis/UmeaBordtenniscenter/

We also have a world class university for those looking for studies. Get in touch if you are coming by!

I actually considered studying a semester at Umea University :O Seemed like a great place to spend a couple of months studying and having fun :D But they didn't really have much of the type of courses I was interested in. I will probably be going to the Jönköping University instead, in the fall of 2013!

Edit: Just received the official confirmation :) Do you maybe know a good tt club in or near Jönköping? xD I might visit Umea or Nothern Sweden when I'm there, maybe we could play a match haha!

Last edited:
says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
Awesome guys! Loving all your contributions and posts! You are all more than welcome to come and join me for some practice if you come to the UK. I mainly base in Bristol where I coach at the Bristol Academy of Sport. You guys would love it there, 20 table venue with lots of players :) I met a TTD member at the London 2012 Olympics, that was cool. Maybe a lot of us can meet up one day. Paris Worlds I may try to go to :)

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

And we love you ;)
Thank you for welcoming us to Bristol! Somewhen in the future i bet we will see and have a match and a beer (or more) :)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
And we love you ;)
Thank you for welcoming us to Bristol! Somewhen in the future i bet we will see and have a match and a beer (or more) :)

Thanks Buddy! Deffo it will be great, already looking forward to it :)

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: T!Christian
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Well I'm from New Zealand and apart from it being a nice country there isn't much point in coming to play here, I'm off to Prague in July so I'll be travelling around Europe playing table tennis, so Chris like I already said I'll probably take you up on that offer when I visit Austria haha. Also going to visit Germany and probably France and a few other places too maybe Belgium and Ukraine etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
Hey Chris,
My name is Ted and I am traveling the Danube. I will be in Vienna only today, Sunday the 28th of July and am looking to play. I know this is very short notice, but I will check back on this forum to see if you reply. I am staying at hotel Kunsthof and will probably try to find somewhere to play if I don't hear from you.
Cheers.

I will of course start as a host:

My name's Chris and I'm from Austria, Vienna and 20 years old. (as you can see from my profile :p )
I know many clubs here in Vienna, have a lot of fun playing tt, have many different bats and rubbers to maximize fun :p and i'm always open for a match!

If you plan on travelling to Vienna, send me a message. I can help you guide through the city, even host you in my apartment (where i have a mini tabletennis-table :D ) and of course play a lot of tt :)

Cheers, Chris! :)

This user has no status.
Got some forum friends there as well, but this gent making the most gracious of offers (and use of a car) owns a TT shop in Melbourne.
is it true that it is cheaper to buy stuff from australia?
im gonna study there for at least 2-3 years and im gonna play :D

i also had the same problem when playing in a new area
i played at japan and china
it was really hard due to language barrier, but it was only at first
we seemed to understood each other when playing

i guess the only language we needed was table tennis hehehehehe

Last edited:
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Hi Guys. I went to Schwechat in June and caught up with Chris and Joachim which was really cool! :D So this thread kind of does work haha

I'm off to New Jersey on the 5th for 2 weeks to Lily Yip's Club in Dunellen for the World Hopes Team training camp, have to take my little trooper over there :)

Dec 2012
Hey Chris,
My name is Ted and I am traveling the Danube. I will be in Vienna only today, Sunday the 28th of July and am looking to play. I know this is very short notice, but I will check back on this forum to see if you reply. I am staying at hotel Kunsthof and will probably try to find somewhere to play if I don't hear from you.
Cheers.

hei!
sorry dude, i was in holidays myself, i was in croatia at the beach :D pics and a new PoP - video coming soon! :D
i would have loved to play with you!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Do you know this feeling?
You are travelling to another city, another country, another continent.
You travel for 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months or a year.
Wouldnt it be nice to take your tabletennis bat with you and play without stress against native players from a different city/country?

You don't know anybody but u don't want to miss out an opportunity to play table tennis?
Wouldn't it be fun to get to know people through the most amazing sport: Table tennis?
Meeting up, playing some chops and topspins, talk to a native player/citizen, get to know special places/dishes and build an awesome friendship!
That's what is on my mind!

Let's get a thread going where you post your next travel destination and time span of the travel so we can meet up, play some matches and have fun at a drink afterwards and socializing!

Greetings Christian,

I will be in Vienna July 9-16 and having difficulty figuring out where to play... Seems like there are places everywhere. I will be staying in the 10 district.

I'm 46 years old, 1500 USTTA rated player and play as much as I can... Currently rated 1500-1680 in Clubs in the Greater Sacramento area.. I am rated 1680 for the USTTA Hardbat.

Peace,

Ricky

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Let's get a thread going where you post your next travel destination and time span of the travel so we can meet up, play some matches and have fun at a drink afterwards and socializing!

Greetings,,,

I'm 46 years old, 1500 USTTA rated player and play as much as I can... Currently rated 1500-1680 in Clubs in the Greater Sacramento area.. I play Hardbat 1680 USTTA rated . Love playing against all styles and levels

I'll be traveling to Cities Like Kuesnacht/Zurich CH july 16-24,,, Vienna July 9-16,,, Lustenau on the Lake Constance July 31-Aug 5,,, Siersberg/Graz Austria until July 8 & Darmstadt/Erzhausen Germany July 24-31.

I would love to play and socialize... If you come to Sacramento or Big Island Hawaii, I can help you with places to play... I would love any help on where I can play or play with you...

Peace,,,

Ricky

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Tt meeting

Do you know this feeling?
You are travelling to another city, another country, another continent.
You travel for 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months or a year.
Wouldnt it be nice to take your tabletennis bat with you and play without stress against native players from a different city/country?

You don't know anybody but u don't want to miss out an opportunity to play table tennis?
Wouldn't it be fun to get to know people through the most amazing sport: Table tennis?
Meeting up, playing some chops and topspins, talk to a native player/citizen, get to know special places/dishes and build an awesome friendship!
That's what is on my mind!

Hi Christian! I have just read your public message, and I thougth it is a great idea. My name is Cris, I am 28 and I will stay in Viena for the next 3 days, during my short holidays to discoverer a small part of the nice attractions in Viena. I am a table tennis player and trainer, so If u want to play a match please let me know and maybe we will find time to meet and play for 1 or 2 hours. Kind Regards