Table Tennis and Traveling

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
Hi Christian! I have just read your public message, and I thougth it is a great idea. My name is Cris, I am 28 and I will stay in Viena for the next 3 days, during my short holidays to discoverer a small part of the nice attractions in Viena. I am a table tennis player and trainer, so If u want to play a match please let me know and maybe we will find time to meet and play for 1 or 2 hours. Kind Regards

Check your inbox messages ;)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
This is of course a nice idea, yet many of us make separate threads for separate missions and also do separate threads writing up the action. I intend to be in NYC soon for a tourney and might post a thread and maybe some pics with Carl from TTD. We should always post pics when we can, it's fun and binds us together.

I will of course start as a host:

My name's Chris and I'm from Austria, Vienna and 20 years old. (as you can see from my profile :p )
I know many clubs here in Vienna, have a lot of fun playing tt, have many different bats and rubbers to maximize fun :p and i'm always open for a match!

If you plan on travelling to Vienna, send me a message. I can help you guide through the city, even host you in my apartment (where i have a mini tabletennis-table :D ) and of course play a lot of tt :)

Cheers, Chris! :)

Hi Chriss.

I'm Kris. I went to Austria (Krems) for my exchange last 4 months and had exactly the same idea as you had. I tried to get in touch with local clubs to keep on playing and experience different styles and people. I did go to a club in Vienna to train 1 per week (as it was a 1h drive). for your info, I trained at TTC Flotzersteig and learned a lot there from the style of playing.

This initiative is definitely something all people should encourage as we can learn from each other and see that to what extend our sport can be different when you look across the border. So whenever someone comes to The Netherlands, just let me know, I know a lot of major clubs and their location.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This is of course a nice idea, yet many of us make separate threads for separate missions and also do separate threads writing up the action. I intend to be in NYC soon for a tourney and might post a thread and maybe some pics with Carl from TTD. We should always post pics when we can, it's fun and binds us together.
Well der_echte I agree that this is a great idea. Thanks to you I played at 2 clubs in the san Francisco/los angeles area during my holiday. Ill now be in madrid during 25-27 august when any wants to play ;).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews

Where will it be?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
From 16th september to 8th october I will be in Kyoto and Tokyo. Would be nice to find someone to play with and maybe visit some places (I will be there on my summer vacations, so I would like to visit as many interesting things in Kyoto/Tokyo as possible)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Vienna table tennis

Hi Chris, <br>
hope you still play table tennis,<br>
I am staying at the Melia Vienna until Friday and have brought my bat with me in anticipation of finding someone to play with.<br>
are you up for a game?<br>
if not can you suggest some clubs that practice preferably on a Thursday night although I may be available at other times depending on how the conference I am at works out. <br>
best regards<br>
andybr><br><br>

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 4 reviews
If you ever come to Crete ,chania greece you are welcome to play in our club.I don't travel because of the money i am studying and in the fifth semester

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Hi thanks for the offer, I have not been to Greece yet, I have made a note in case I do....Prague next week though if anyone is interested will be there from next Sunday until Friday.