How much do you train?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Hey,
I'm very curious to know how much you TT freaks train per week. ;)
I train 3 times a week, tuesday, wednesday and friday. And a match on saturday.
In total that's around 11 to 12 hours per week, which 5 are intensive training, like multiball and practices.
I consider that quite much.
So how many times per week do you train? And for how long?

Arne

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
3-4 times a week, hoping to get more..

once a week :D

Perfectly suits your avatar..
Img354188763.100x100.jpg
"Once a week.."

Reactions: judah000
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
I play 5 times a week for about 8 to 10 hours a week. This is pretty intense exercise as we have lots of balls and spend little time picking them up. Last year I played about 10-15 hours a week but it wasn't as serious or intense. I have a few practice partners. Some just like to hit. One likes to drill. I have a robot if there is no one to play with but my interest in playing with the robot is diminishing as time goes on. A robot isn't the same as a person.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Yeah, I don't often use the robot either. Just when I'm all alone :p or I do service training. I find services to be very important, so I train a lot on them.
Not to brag, but I think I have pretty good serves for my level, few players can read them.
But now I have exams, so less time to play :( but they're almost over :)
Then I'll train hardcore again for the national championships :)

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
I usually train 1-2 hours a day; my practice session is a robot that shoots out topspin and backspin :) So basically I try to train at least 5-6 days a weeks. However, as it is approaching Christmas and long holidays, i'm starting to really slack off LOL

Just a question! Do you like training with a robot? Especially that often? I trained also with some robots but after a time it got so boring and the training purpose to result ratio got smaller and smaller.

Dec 2012
Only train about 2 hours every two weeks if I'm lucky!! Plus league matches. Not enough local sessions on for me, have one practise every other Sunday. Got to drive for about an hour or so to get any more practise.

Don't you have a table at your home ? This way you could least have/make some service training

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
In my local TT club, I get 3X 20 Minutes of crazy intense single ball with some multiball. No human alive will last more than 30 minutes with this coach, she is on a life-long mission to smoke the living crap out of her students. She has a 100% success rate.

I play 2-3 hours a day of club matches, occasionally visit differnt clubs in my city and when I go to Seoul, the many clubs there. I do a tourney at least once a month, sometimes 3 times a month.

Looking at how the fast-track amature players in grade/middle school train and how the semi-pro and pro crowd trains, I conclude i am only a spare-time player doing at best LIGHT training.

Still, it has been enough to get me from div 4 city to div 2 city within 1.5 years. Moving up to div 1 is more difficult than moving up 3 lower divisions. They are all ringers at div 1 level and above. Yes, it is possible to be classified div 0 (ZERO !!!) or Div -1 (MIUNS ONE !!!) or Seon-Soo Div (Athlete Div) The Athlete div is one step below being a semi-pro who could get a contract playing for a city hall team, est WR 300-350. The top players of this class are est WR 200-300. The Korean pros are all WR 75 or better.

I would be extremely satisfied at becoming a div 1 player in my city before I depart Korea. That would put me at having zero hope of a world ranking, but at div 1 city level, still there are few players better than you. That allows you to go anywhere and play for fun if you desire. One of these days, we all get too old to compete ofr state, national, or even regional championship open category, so playing for fun and health should at some point become a viable option.