An X-mas tournament in your place!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Hi!
I just realised, here we do have an X-mas tournament on 26th of december!
How about you?
Do you have any traditional tournaments in your place too?
I am now in new city, I already won one tournament like this years ago in another city, this will be the first one for me in this city.
They told me we will be split in groups and better players will go to the main draw and the rest will go into another draw, so everyone will get some chance to win.
Sounds really amazing, they also say there is great atmosphere in that tournament, just cant wait for it!
Maybe I will be able to get some pictures or even videos from this event..
What about you then?
Any interesting X-mas tournaments around the world?

Reactions: bobpuls
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity drops tomorrow!
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity drops tomorrow!
Administrator
Oct 2010
Wow a tournament on the 26th that is cool! We at the Bristol Table Tennis Academy ran a mini Christmas Tournament as part of our training which was fun. However, there are no tournaments or gatherings that I can think of during Christmas time. Hope you have an amazing time on the 26th, pictures and videos will be amazing to share with us Michal :)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Our club had a Christmas touney the weekend before Christmas.

The club owner split everyone into 4 groups of A, B, C, D players. Each group had 1 a, B, C, D player.

Format was Doubles (A+B player) Doubles (C+D player) Single if needed between each team's C player.

We had 6 groups. My group went 5-1 for 2nd place, a Yasaka Extend HS rubber prize, which I traded away for 36 tourney *** balls.

We all had a dinner feast afterwards at a local resturant with a 2nd course at a Karaoke song-room until it got late.

We spent under $30 for the tourney, prizes, food, and 2nd event.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Our club had a Christmas touney the weekend before Christmas.

The club owner split everyone into 4 groups of A, B, C, D players. Each group had 1 a, B, C, D player.

Format was Doubles (A+B player) Doubles (C+D player) Single if needed between each team's C player.

We had 6 groups. My group went 5-1 for 2nd place, a Yasaka Extend HS rubber prize, which I traded away for 36 tourney *** balls.

We all had a dinner feast afterwards at a local resturant with a 2nd course at a Karaoke song-room until it got late.

We spent under $30 for the tourney, prizes, food, and 2nd event.
OMG I WISH I HAD A TOURNY ON CHRISTMAS!
btw I haven't been to even one tourny :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Well make it good! :)
Here I am going to one tomorrow, it costs 5 eur and it has lunch included, so this can be pretty cool one :)
Never been there but my friends were and they think its a very good one, so I hope so :)
Important is to have good atmosphere in there, so some free drinks or snacks could be useful ;)