How to split MPG file?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Hello everyone!
Finally I got tools to copy my VHS tapes (with pingpong material) into my computer!
I got them in mpg file format and I would like to know - how can I split them?
But what I want - is just to split, no compression needed, just to split to pieces and combine together in order I want..
What can you reccommend me?
I would love to edit these videos and upload on youtube so you can enjoy great matches from ECL from 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001.. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
oki I will try those, the problem is I am searching for some free soft so I dont need to buy it :)
I hope I can find some free versions of those ;)

Avidemux is available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows under the GNU GPL license

http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

Since you mention you have lots of videos to be split, you will find the command line option of avidemux very useful. You can write scripts and automate. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avidemux

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Oki, files are split, I already have 2 videos almost ready..
(its Koji Matsu****a vs. Jean Philippe Gatien and Vladimir Samsonov vs. Jean Philippe Gatien from november 8th 1999 - Liebherr ECL)..
I was already going to upload these videos, when I realised I do not have any logo..
I dont know how to put it in and I also dont know if I even should or should I not care..
What do you guys think??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Yeah, I want permanent like tv has..
I have logo:

What I want is that the white background would not be visible on the video, and that is the problem I dont know how to solve..

Like this? View attachment 3259

I know this is still showing up with a white background here. But this one has a transparent background. Download and view it. Open your video in VLC and use this as logo. But this needs to be resized (too big as of now) and then there are quite a few sharp edges too.

Here's how you do it.
1. Open your original logo in GIMP.
2. Use "select by color" tool or the keyboard shortcut shift+O.
3. Click anywhere on the white region. All the white areas will be selected.
4. Click on Colors -> Color to Alpha and select the transparency level you want.

Save the file as .png (Not jpeg, jpeg doesn't support transparency). Open any video in VLC player and test your logo.
Repeat and rinse till you are satisfied. :)

Try it out and let me know.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2022
In the QuickTime Player app on your Mac, open the movie you want to split into clips, then choose View > Show Clips. Move the playhead (the red vertical line) to the place where you want to split the clip (or use the Touch Bar), then choose Edit > Split Clip. Your movie splits into two clips.