My VHS records..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Oki, I decided to continue my videos, if anyone is interrested..
I already posted the first leg of ECL final from 2000, now second leg is on turn ;-)
First match in the second leg was again Koji Matsushita facing Ma Lin with his tremendous defence!

World number 4, Werner Schlager was injured, so Qian Qianli replaced him and Vladi obviously enjoyed the game pretty much!

And so will you guys :)

Then this is not really a match, but it is a nice celebration of winners of the champions league ;-)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
And I already can add first match of the next season, which was the first one using 40 mm balls after the change from 38mm:
Ochsenhausen with missing Kreanga vs. Grenzau..
First match Ma Wenge vs. Alexandar Karakasevic and second Lucjan Blaszczyk vs. Chuang Chih-Yuan.. in his premiere in the European Champions league ;-)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
This is one of my most favorite matches!
Kreanga vs. Chila!
Do you know the current French head coach?
Playing this match as world number 23 against brutal backhand of Kreanga´s!

In the second match Adrian Crisan decided to show what he is capable of, meeting great Legout and showing him some new tricks ;)

Last match of the meeting was Chuang Chih-Yuan vs. living legend Jean Philippe Gatien!
Chuang played out of his skin and not even the famous 2 bounce topspin from Gatien could help him to prevent from the loss!
(the mentioned topspin is at 17:05)

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
16 years after the amazing matchup between Kalmar and Charleroi I am going to bring you what I got in my VHS archives..
In this meeting, 2 unbeaten teams of the group 1 met..
Kalmar with J.O. Waldner, Kim Song Hui and Magnus Wahlgren and
Charleroi with Vladimir Samsonov, Zoran Primorac and legendary J.M. Saive!
What a clash!
In the first match (that I unfortunatelly do not have :( ) Waldner clearly lost to Samsonov 0:2.
So Charleroi were in the lead with Primorac, clear favorite, facing the Korean player Kim Song Hui..
What was expecting to be an easy win, turned out to be a pretty close match!

Enjoy!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
So, lets continue!
After the second match, where Samsonov beat Waldner 2:0 and Kim defeated Primorac 2:1, the score was 1:1!
In the next match home player Magnus Wahlgren, who only had one win in the whole competition, has to play the legend of the game of table tennis, former world number one, Jean-Michel Saive!
Despite of Saive being stron strong favorite, just like in the previous game, it was not so one sided!
Very close and exciting match full of great rallies!!

Enjoy!!

PS: Does not the swedish player look kinda like Sasha? The german singer? :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
After amazing win of Wahlgren the home team was in the lead 2:1!
That was something trully amazing, noone expected that..
Now 2 beaten players were about to play each other.. Waldner for the win over Charleroi and Zoki for staying in the match and hoping for the final match between amazing Kim and legendary Samsonov!

But Waldner didnt want that to happen, so he did what he could to beat Primorac..
Watch the action here:

Reactions: Kontra
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
As they are Christmas, this is my gift for you..
Guys, this is absolutely great match!
December 15th 2000, Kalmar..
After some phenomenal table tennis action, the inevitable happened!
2 unbeaten players of the meeting had to play for the win in the final match!
Kim, who performed brilliantly against Primorac and Samsonov who destroyed Waldner.
Will Kim be able to hold on the keen performance from the first match? Or will Samsonov be able to stop him?

Watch the action to find out!

Reactions: fxri
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
16 years ago, January 6th, 2 unbeaten teams of group B met..
Grenzau lead with Ma Wenge and SVS Niederosterreich led by Werner Schlager.
First match was Qian Qianli, penholder chinese player with short pips, smashing the ball.. vs. Ma Wenge, currently a coach in the chinese superleague..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I hope some of you still enjoy these videos, so I will still keep them comming, despite no reply for some time..
I thought some would leave some reaction after Waldner-Primorac or that amazing Kim-Samsonov match..

Anyways, after the exciting match 16 years ago between Ma Wenge and Qian Qianli, two purely european players went on court, home star Petr Korbel from Czech republic against world number 4 I think at that time - Werner Schlager.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Chen Zhibin, Konstantin Lengerov.. Do you know these names? :)
Chen Zhibin I guess is now coaching in the Chinese superleague and Konstantin Lengerov is probably retired.
After these european champions league matches I didnt hear about him anymore.
Anyways - at 1:1, this was pretty exciting match with some huge dispute and discussion, almost controversy to be honest, when Lengerov hit an edge, immediately apologizing for an edge bal. Eventually he got the point, despite from my point of view he shouldnt.
I cut that stuff out so you got just the action, enjoy!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Allright, there is nothing really going on now, so I decided to continue with my uploads..

And there is meeting of Ochsenhausen with their amazing crowd and Grenzau, the top team of the group.
First match was not streamed, but seems like Chuang Chih-Yuan lost to Ma Wenge, so Ochsenhausen were down 0:1.
There the MIGHTY BACKHAND of KALINIKOS KREANGA came on the place and Petr Korbel had to know he is in deep trouble :)

At 1:1 the match of the 3rds came up - young Adrian Crisan vs. experienced and well playing Lucjan Blaszczyk.
The match didnt go as Lucjan thought to, finding himself in a really bad position, 0:1 and 11:19, 12:20 even,.. but what happened next, see for yourself!

Ochsenhausen down again, trailing 1:2, Chuang on the court to face Korbel, to keep the match alive!
And, well, he did!

Reactions: yoass
This videos are real treasures!! Thank you so much for sharing! I really like the videos of the "former" Chinese players like Ma Lin and Wang Liqin wich I grew up with. So cool to see how they improved in the years afterwards and dominating the table tennis world from 2001-2008 or so :D also nice to see how TT changed in the years in physical and technical terms!
Do you guys think that the Ma Lin or Wang Liqin from the past like in this videos would have a chance against Ma Long, Fan Zhendong, Xu Xin or ZJK?