amazing serves from a non-pro player

This user has no status.
Last edited:
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Not a lot of pro's can serve as well as that. The thing is good players quickly adapt and learn to deal with any tricky serve - and once that happens they overpower with the rest of their tools in their arsenal. But those serves look v good - at least on video.

This user has no status.
Typical Chinese player.
My coach in China does most of these serves as good as him.
And I don't think I can return one either.

It's depressing at how good other players are, makes me want to stop training LOL... but on the other hand, this just shows the power of the serve and inspires me to train my serves even more!

This user has no status.
It's not about winning, it's about the fun of the game.
I think you should re-think why you enjoy and play this sport.

hehe it was a joke that I made, if I really thought that way I would have quit a long time ago since seeing Wang Liqin and Ma Lin play.... I actually agree with you and you're absolutely right. The fun of discovering more, learning more and improving myself (not only in terms of technique but also in terms of physical ability) cannot be described with words and this is why we all love table tennis!

This user has no status.
Blahness, I can't access the video.. Is it just me?
I am curious about the vid..

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Sorry, it's just me.. I gotta train to have serves of such quality :eek:

Amazing heh? Just unbelievable, considering that he's not a professional player! I have seen other videos of his serves too, it's just so good. With almost the same motion, he can make a sidespin ball that doesn't curve and a sidespin ball that has the nasty curve (like in the video), also he has some really nasty variation between extremely heavy spin and no-spin. His competition videos generally have him just plain outserving his opponent LOL......

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
It's just a matter of training in my opinion! You don't have to be a pro to have nice serves and on the other hand many pro players dont have nice and/or amazing serves (i.e. Samsonov?)

Maybe he plays in a high league? How could we know? :)

Anyways, awesome serves and heavy spin! Are these non-40mm balls?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Definitely nice curve on the ball, good control on the short serves, and the ones he wants to be fast, are fast. It would be interesting to see someone good receiving them and how ready he is for the third ball. The ones that curve the most might not be hard for a pro though. If they are mostly sidespin, then they might be easy to attack. I obviously don't know though.

No matter what though, if he can generate that much spin, he is doing something right.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
hehe it was a joke that I made, if I really thought that way I would have quit a long time ago since seeing Wang Liqin and Ma Lin play.... I actually agree with you and you're absolutely right. The fun of discovering more, learning more and improving myself (not only in terms of technique but also in terms of physical ability) cannot be described with words and this is why we all love table tennis!
How can you joke like that? I was taking it full seriously.
By the looks of what you have said now: Good job.
It's just a matter of training in my opinion! You don't have to be a pro to have nice serves and on the other hand many pro players dont have nice and/or amazing serves (i.e. Samsonov?)

Maybe he plays in a high league? How could we know? :)

Anyways, awesome serves and heavy spin! Are these non-40mm balls?
Are 40mm balls normal?
I think those balls are normal.

This user has no status.
Definitely nice curve on the ball, good control on the short serves, and the ones he wants to be fast, are fast. It would be interesting to see someone good receiving them and how ready he is for the third ball. The ones that curve the most might not be hard for a pro though. If they are mostly sidespin, then they might be easy to attack. I obviously don't know though.

No matter what though, if he can generate that much spin, he is doing something right.

I'll give you a challenge, try to identify the type of spin on the ball! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
damn , look at the video , every serve is cutted from video , that services is maked , 1 of 100 by that guy . look at the box with balls ,inf irst serve there ar full box ,. at other serve there are no balls in box .
Nice spotting.
But it might be just showing the serve once and showing the best one.

This user has no status.
Nice spotting.
But it might be just showing the serve once and showing the best one.

He actually only uploaded one serve for each type of serve, and someone else compiled it into one big video. He does have competition videos which further highlight the power of his serve.