amazing serves from a non-pro player

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I'll give you a challenge, try to identify the type of spin on the ball! :)

Got to go to work but I will do this later. It will be fun. First one is Side under. Second: Side top. Third: Inside out side top. Fourth: Inside out Side top.

They are nice. It is harder to read from video than from real life but I think those are the first 4 serves. Will do the rest when I am back from work. That one that goes down the line is actually really amazing. :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
He actually only uploaded one serve for each type of serve, and someone else compiled it into one big video. He does have competition videos which further highlight the power of his serve.

Can you post a video of him playing matches. I would love to see that. :) Those serves do have a lot of spin.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Okay, I am going to try a few more. The Fifth one is a little to hard to see. The camera angle is not so good and it is a fast serve. It looks like it could be dead, under or top (it does look like topspin though), and there is some side but not so much. The Sixth one is also a fast serve and it looks like topspin with a small amount of side. The seventh one is also a fast serve and it is inside out topspin to the backhand side. The last one is very much like the Sixth serve.

I can see that, from the motion of his wrist and arm, I would be able to tell if he was there, but it is hard to be sure when you are looking at a video that is not such great quality. I really would love to see him playing a match though to see how he prepares for the third ball.

The placement on the third and forth serves (inside out topspin) is really excellent though.

This user has no status.
Okay, I am going to try a few more. The Fifth one is a little to hard to see. The camera angle is not so good and it is a fast serve. It looks like it could be dead, under or top (it does look like topspin though), and there is some side but not so much. The Sixth one is also a fast serve and it looks like topspin with a small amount of side. The seventh one is also a fast serve and it is inside out topspin to the backhand side. The last one is very much like the Sixth serve.

I can see that, from the motion of his wrist and arm, I would be able to tell if he was there, but it is hard to be sure when you are looking at a video that is not such great quality. I really would love to see him playing a match though to see how he prepares for the third ball.

The placement on the third and forth serves (inside out topspin) is really excellent though.

I'll go to his channel to see his individual serves to find out the answers for you all.

This user has no status.

You're pretty good, first one is side-under, second one side-top, third one side-under, fourth one side-top, also the fast reverse to the BH is side-under, hehe the reverse is really quite deceptive...for the hook side-under you have to notice during the contact the bat has to drag the ball downwards a period of time (this one is the teller), and there is less acceleration for the upwards "hook". The down-the-line serve is a plain no-spin fast serve

Last edited:
This user has no status.
The fifth is side-under, sixth is side-top, last serve is no-spin fast.

You can differentiate them through their exit trajectory, fast side-under typically are the shortest due to the slowing down effect of the underspin, side-top typically land a bit longer, while no-spin fast serves don't veer sideways.

Unfortunately it's how I actually determine the spin on long fast serves, by how much they slow down/accelerate and their trajectory LOL... the arm action is way tooooo fast to see anything at all...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You're pretty good, first one is side-under, second one side-top, third one side-under, fourth one side-top, also the fast reverse to the BH is side-under, hehe the reverse is really quite deceptive...for the hook side-under you have to notice during the contact the bat has to drag the ball downwards a period of time (this one is the teller), and there is less acceleration for the upwards "hook". The down-the-line serve is a plain no-spin fast serve

Funny, I left out the down the line one. I just forgot to put it in and thought I had. I was pretty sure the down the line one was no spin because it is higher and very flat. It is an excellent serve though, because of the placement.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews