ITTF President Adham Sharara's Interview

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The Chinese nation has dominated the sport table tennis for many years now, and the question on everyones mind is how can the rest of the world catch up? Watch ITTF President Adham Sharara's interview here where he discusses the long term plan of the ITTF in the link below:

http://english.cntv.cn/program/sportsscene/20120724/110505.shtml

ittfpresidentinterview.jpg

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
The Chinese nation has dominated the sport table tennis for many years now, and the question on everyones mind is how can the rest of the world catch up?

Wow, thanks, pretty interesting to see Adham's ideas about the future of table tennis!

Reactions: TableTennisDaily
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
I also thought that countries like France are catching up on the juniors field, but looking at the last WJTTC they weren't even close. Koki Niwa is still the only real threat.
On the other hand the "getting more countries involved" he's talking about did work; A huge amount of different countries at the WTTC and even some talents like Noshad Alamiyan.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
atm i think the only threats to the chinese on the junior field are the Japanese. Muramatsu, machi sakai....they did fairly well at the wjttc, and if you take into account defenders tend to hit peaks later in their careers, much can be expected from yuto.

also we forget players like kim min seok and seo hyun deok who are great talents....

on the womens side the chinese are unexplainably stronger than every other country. i dont know why, i think it is because they innovate with the womens game rather than copy old styles, and so they always advance.

maybe in the future the women will catch up, but it will take longer than the men- there are no women on the world scene currently who aren't of chinese origin that i see as a realistic threat to the chinese.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
atm i think the only threats to the chinese on the junior field are the Japanese. Muramatsu, machi sakai....they did fairly well at the wjttc, and if you take into account defenders tend to hit peaks later in their careers, much can be expected from yuto.

also we forget players like kim min seok and seo hyun deok who are great talents....

on the womens side the chinese are unexplainably stronger than every other country. i dont know why, i think it is because they innovate with the womens game rather than copy old styles, and so they always advance.

maybe in the future the women will catch up, but it will take longer than the men- there are no women on the world scene currently who aren't of chinese origin that i see as a realistic threat to the chinese.
Yea, Yuto seems like he just needs some more experience and skills, then he will become unstoppable.