Chinese Men's WTTC Trials 2013

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
I see the name Ma Te.. Doesnt that mean I give up? :D
I saw that in one Van Damme movie.. :D Bloodsport I think..
Well it doesn't mean I give up in Chinese, maybe in another language.
He's a junior player, and he is chopper.
He is the champion of the 2011 China national Junior Table Tennis Chamipionships (4:0 Yan An in the final), and 2012 he won the title again (4:3 Fan Zhendong in the final).
View attachment 3288
WoW he is so skinny....

Xu Xin losing to Zhou Yu was actually quite surprising to me.

says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012
New rule for 2nd & 3rd Stage: online poll !:eek:

20 players already get to the second stage, but 3 of them don't need play in the 2nd stage and direct to the 3rd stage determined by votes through website casted by fans.

The results of the 2nd stage will determined other 4 players who could get into the 3rd stage, and the coaches have the power to select the final 2 players.

These 9 players will play in the 3rd stage (in March), then determined 5 players go to Paris !

PS: online poll wiil carry out on 4 popular web portals (8-14, Jan): sina.com, qq.com, sohu.com and 163.com (Sina is confirmed, other 3 is guessed by me) :)

Reactions: T!Christian
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
This is quite confusing to me..
This is how I took it: 20 players qualified for the second stage (either by rank in 1st stage or because they are national team players). From those 20, 9 will go on to the 3rd stage. From those 9, 3 will be selected by fans through polls on popular Chinese websites. 2 will be selected by the coaches. the remaining 4 will be determined by ranking in the second stage. If that clears things up :p

I am curious though, why do only 5 players go to Paris? In Rotterdam there were I believe 8 Chinese players.. Is ITTF reducing the amount of players per country in WTTC now as well? :\

Last edited:
says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
So to sum up because i think some got it wrong:

There are 20 players at the moment in stage 2!
From these 20 players fans can vote. The 3 players with the most votes qualify immediately into round 3 without playing.
So we are left with 17 players. These player play all games to determine the best 4, which are also qualified to the round 3.
So there are 13 players who didn't entered but the trainer-staff are allowed to choose 2 more players to qualify for round 3.

So:
3 (through votes) + 4 (through games) + 2 (through trainer) = 9

These 9 play in the last round and 5 of them go to Paris.

Reactions: Michal_Z
Dec 2012
This is how I took it: 20 players qualified for the second stage (either by rank in 1st stage or because they are national team players). From those 20, 9 will go on to the 3rd stage. From those 9, 3 will be selected by fans through polls on popular Chinese websites. 2 will be selected by the coaches. the remaining 4 will be determined by ranking in the second stage. If that clears things up :p

I am curious though, why do only 5 players go to Paris? In Rotterdam there were I believe 8 Chinese players.. Is ITTF reducing the amount of players per country in WTTC now as well? :\

I think you got it a bit mixed up. 3 out of the 20 get voted not of the 9 :)

Where they really? I remember Wang Liqin, Wang Hao, Ma Long, Zhang Jike and Quen Qi..

Dec 2012
Wait...what? There's 5 going?
I thought it was like the olympics (2 MAX per country)

Xii, haven't you watched the wttc in rotterdam? Ma Long, Wang Hao, Zhang Jike, Quen Qi and Wang Liqin were all in the quarterfinals. Thus more then 2 and i think we had this discussion once that only in the world cup and olympics is the maximum of 2 per country.

Dec 2012
New rule for 2nd & 3rd Stage: online poll !:eek:

20 players already get to the second stage, but 3 of them don't need play in the 2nd stage and direct to the 3rd stage determined by votes through website casted by fans.

The results of the 2nd stage will determined other 4 players who could get into the 3rd stage, and the coaches have the power to select the final 2 players.

These 9 players will play in the 3rd stage (in March), then determined 5 players go to Paris !

PS: online poll wiil carry out on 4 popular web portals (8-14, Jan): sina.com, qq.com, sohu.com and 163.com (Sina is confirmed, other 3 is guessed by me) :)

Thanks Tommy for your contribution, really valuable information you have there! It is pretty cool that they let fans decide too. I think Zhang Jike, Ma Long and probably Xu Xin get the votes.

Aug 2012
So to sum up because i think some got it wrong:

There are 20 players at the moment in stage 2!
From these 20 players fans can vote. The 3 players with the most votes qualify immediately into round 3 without playing.
So we are left with 17 players. These player play all games to determine the best 4, which are also qualified to the round 3.
So there are 13 players who didn't entered but the trainer-staff are allowed to choose 2 more players to qualify for round 3.

So:
3 (through votes) + 4 (through games) + 2 (through trainer) = 9

These 9 play in the last round and 5 of them go to Paris.

Yea, these are exactly what I mean ! Your explanation is much better than mine (sorry for my poor English..), thanks T!Christian ! :)