Chinese Men's WTTC Trials 2013

says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012
I guess the male table tennis players in China are much more famous then the female players, is it that way?

Yes, any sport in China (may be except volleyball and tennis) male players are much more famous than female players :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I think you got it a bit mixed up. 3 out of the 20 get voted not of the 9 :)

Where they really? I remember Wang Liqin, Wang Hao, Ma Long, Zhang Jike and Quen Qi..
Wang Hao, Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Xu Xin, Ma Lin, Chen Qi, Wang Liqin... Ok that is seven in the Singles, and Hao Shuai in Mixed Doubles :p And I meant that from those 9, 3 were voted. Not that 3 of the 5 go to Paris by vote. Didn't really make that clear :p

Aug 2012
Great T!Christian, now I get it clearly!
But what about women?
Any info about that?
We could start a topic about them, I would love to know who´s going from them!
Online poll is not apply to womans, otherwise I think LSW could get into the 3rd stage easly..:)

3bc674a4jw1e0hpusp4wuj.jpg

Reactions: mgpyone and TT Guru
says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
Yes, any sport in China (may be except volleyball and tennis) male players are much more famous than female players :)

Ok, thanks. I guess with Li Na you have a big superstar in China! Do you have good volleyball-players?

Dec 2012
Wang Hao, Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Xu Xin, Ma Lin, Chen Qi, Wang Liqin... Ok that is seven in the Singles, and Hao Shuai in Mixed Doubles :p And I meant that from those 9, 3 were voted. Not that 3 of the 5 go to Paris by vote. Didn't really make that clear :p

Sorry, my fault then :)
Xu Xin and Ma Lin did participate? Wow, can't remember that ^^ Against whom did they loose?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Sorry, my fault then :)
Xu Xin and Ma Lin did participate? Wow, can't remember that ^^ Against whom did they loose?
Ma Lin lost to Ma Long (Ma Long served some aces in that match ;))
Xu Xin lost quite early against Wang Liqin, who got beaten by Zhang Jike a round later. Xu-Wang was the first Chinese encounter I believe.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
Ah right i remember Ma Long - Ma Lin.
And also the epic match series of Zhang Jike beating Wang Liqin, Timo Boll and finally Wang Hao!

Why are only 5 people going to the wttc this year if there were 7 in 2011?

"In singles, an Association may enter 5 men and 5 women, with 1 additional player
in the appropriate event for each player in the first 20 places in the No.1 issue of
the ITTF World Ranking list in 2013 up to a limit of 2 additional men and 2
additional women in singles."

- so 5 base entry + an additional number equal to the number of players a country has in the top 20 rank, up to a limit of 2
in china's case, 8 chinese men are in top 20 (I think), and it exceeds the limit of 2, so china will just get 7 entries.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
Thank you for the information, where did you got it?

how will the 2 more players be decided?

from the ittf website http://www.ittf.com/competitions/competitions2.asp?Competition_ID=2190&category=WTTC
there is a link called "prospectus - information",whatever that means.

For your second question, I only started watching tt in 2012, so I have no idea how china picked the final 2 player in 2011, or how they will pick in 2013. I am guessing it will be likely coaches' pick, but this is only a wild guess.

Dec 2012
For your second question, I only started watching tt in 2012

Welcome then to the amazing world of table tennis :)
Don't hesitate to ask any member of TTD (of course including me) any question or starting a thread! We are a welcoming bunch of people with shared interests :)
Although you registered before i did, i welcome you :)

Aug 2012
Ok, thanks. I guess with Li Na you have a big superstar in China! Do you have good volleyball-players?
There are many good volleyball players in China team when they got the champion in Athens 2004, like Zhao Ruirui, Feng Kun, Yang Hao and Zhou Suhong, they are famous in the world, but now China had less good volleyball players, may be Hui Ruoqi is the best one, and she is a cute girl haha..
hrq.jpg
hrq2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TableTennisDaily
Aug 2012
2011 Rotterdam China team:

Single: Zhang Jike, Ma Long, Xu Xin, Wang Hao, Ma Lin, Wang Liqin, Chen Qi
Man's Double: Wang Hao / Zhang Jike, Ma Lin / Chen Qi, Ma Long / Xu Xin
Mixed Double: Hao Shuai, Zhang Chao, Yan An

10 players in Rotterdam, think you already forgot Zhang Chao and Yan An.. :)

Reactions: WiWa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Xii, haven't you watched the wttc in rotterdam? Ma Long, Wang Hao, Zhang Jike, Quen Qi and Wang Liqin were all in the quarterfinals. Thus more then 2 and i think we had this discussion once that only in the world cup and olympics is the maximum of 2 per country.
Oh yea...
Thanks Tommy for your contribution, really valuable information you have there! It is pretty cool that they let fans decide too. I think Zhang Jike, Ma Long and probably Xu Xin get the votes.
Yea that's probably true that ZJK, ML and XX will get highest votes.

No, online poll is only for mans, this new rule is not for womans :)
Pretty sexist eh?

Dec 2012
Pretty sexist eh?
;)
What is sexist about it? It's Marketing! maybe they also know that the 3 players to receive the most votes are anyway the players who would have qualified through gaming also. Thus the chance of getting sick, hurt or tired (both mentally and physically) are decreased.
furthermore you let people particiapte at the trials and let them be part of the "show"

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
;)
What is sexist about it? It's Marketing! maybe they also know that the 3 players to receive the most votes are anyway the players who would have qualified through gaming also. Thus the chance of getting sick, hurt or tired (both mentally and physically) are decreased.
furthermore you let people particiapte at the trials and let them be part of the "show"
No women votes.
Nuff said.

Last edited: