Chinese Men's WTTC Trials 2013

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
They can make more money if they also have women.

I think it is because all the top chinese women are extremely close- they have 7 playes in the top 12 in the world. that is their whole quota for the worlds.
so i expect the coaching staff probably wish for them toplay against each other so an order of sorts can be esteblished more clearly- as they are clearly the best women in the world, they face next to no challenge from foreigners, the only challenge is from each other. also all the other good chinese women who are not in the top 7 (Wen Jia, Feng Yalan, Zhu Yuling et al) will wish to prove themselves and the staff probably wish to give them all a chaance.
so the staff probably wish for them to play matches against each other more.
whereas with the men, i would say ma long zhang jike and xu xin are the best 3 easily, so the staff probably wont mind them skipping out on the second stage.

in short, the standards gap between the women is much less than between the men and so i expect the staff wish for all the women to play trials so that the best 7 go to the WTTC.

besides, the CTTA already has enough money :p

Reactions: Michal_Z
says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012
So many guys also care about the games for women :)

Here is the new rule for women:

There are 23 players in stage 1st (2-6 Feb), these player play all games to determine the best 2, which are could go to Paris directly ! And if a player who can won consecutive 2 singles champions in Kuwait Open and Qatar Open also could direct to Paris. :cool:

14 players will play in 2nd stage, but the schedule and rule hasn't been announced.

Reactions: Dan
says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
To sum up (to be sure if i have understood it :) )

23 players compete in the first stage. The best 2 go directly to the WTTC.
And i 14 playersgo into stage 2 this means that number 3-16 from the first round (since the first 2 already qualified) go to second stage.
If somebody though wins the Kuwait Open and the Qatar Open she also gets directly qualified.

My questions:
What if one of the best two of the first 26 wins both tournaments? or nobody does? will the spot be left or filled with another?
How about second stage? How many people there go to the (if there is one) third stage?

:)

Aug 2012
To sum up (to be sure if i have understood it :) )

23 players compete in the first stage. The best 2 go directly to the WTTC.
And i 14 playersgo into stage 2 this means that number 3-16 from the first round (since the first 2 already qualified) go to second stage.
If somebody though wins the Kuwait Open and the Qatar Open she also gets directly qualified.

My questions:
What if one of the best two of the first 26 wins both tournaments? or nobody does? will the spot be left or filled with another?
How about second stage? How many people there go to the (if there is one) third stage?

:)
Man, all of your comments are correct !:)

But regarding your question, I don't know, I also had this question, but seems can't find the answer now, CTTA hasn't announced the detiled rules for our questions now :)

Aug 2012
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Seriously...I don't want to see Hao Shuai play EVER.
Give someone like Ma Lin a time of his life before he retires.
Is that because of 2005? :p
I actually like his playing style and strokes, would love to see him on a big stage again. And based on his performance in the Super League he kinda deserves it too.

Aug 2012
Hey guys, 40 minutes later we could go to vote for our favorite player ! (0:00, 8, Jan, GMT+8)

4 LINKS OF ONLINE POLL:

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2013-01-07/16126367524.shtml?bsh_bid=178753685

http://sports.qq.com/zt2013/voteforparis/index.htm

http://sports.163.com/special/ceshi1010/

http://sports.sohu.com/s2013/ztbltp/

PS: you can only vote once per entry per IP address, and only allow you to vote for one player, it is a one-choice question..

Candidates and thier number:

2ia8isn.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TableTennisDaily
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Well if I could decide, I would say I dont want to see Ma Lin play ever again, hehe :D
He is old and fat for me now, so thats it for me..

Anyways - I agree to what Super Chopper wrote and I think this is pure media marketing stuff, they know who will win the vote and they know they would put through ZJK, ML and XX into Paris anyways..
So when the decision is made, why not make some extra money on it? :)
Thats all what this is about :)

Dec 2012
Anyways - I agree to what Super Chopper wrote and I think this is pure media marketing stuff, they know who will win the vote and they know they would put through ZJK, ML and XX into Paris anyways..
So when the decision is made, why not make some extra money on it? :)
Thats all what this is about :)

SuperChopper? you ment me i hope :p give me some credits toooooo .. i want to be cool too :p ^^

Dec 2012
I vote for Ma Lin (3 votes), real hope he can go to Paris and give us a surprise in his last WTTC journey :)

Ohhhh...so many people vote for Zhang Jike, nearly 40%...:eek:

I voted for him too :) Although i am not sure if i voted since everything is in chinese :D
where can we see the results?