Xu Xin will be the new WR #1 in Jan 2013

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
According to recent news speculated around the internet, Xu Xin will be the new world number 1 later this week on the release of the January 2013 ITTF World Rankings. Looking at the December rankings, if calculated correctly, Xu Xin gained 32 rating points and 40 bonus points by winning the World Tour Grand Finals last month which would be enough to overtake the current world number 1 Zhang Jike and number 2 Ma Long!

xuxinasiancup2012f.jpg

Xu Xin - Photo by: Remy Gros

What do you all think?

Reactions: cocotouf

NJ7

This user has no status.

NJ7

This user has no status.
May 2012
Everyone has their own right....on the own time..may be its Xu Xin Time!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
It's very possible. However, have you taken into account any bonus points Xu Xin may have which are about to expire? That could be difficult to figure out.
We shall have to wait and see. Either way, it's my firm belief that Ma Long will push his way back to the top this year and hold that position for a long while.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
It's very possible. However, have you taken into account any bonus points Xu Xin may have which are about to expire? That could be difficult to figure out.
We shall have to wait and see. Either way, it's my firm belief that Ma Long will push his way back to the top this year and hold that position for a long while.

You are right TT Guru, I do honestly believe Ma Long will get back the no.1 spot this year. I will be so happy if Xu Xin does get number 1 this period tho. Ma Long will be so determined this year i'm sure!

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
Well, I don't care who will be nr.1 but I want to see good matches on major events so I hope that this year ma long zjk and XX will all be participating in them. Like a real fight for the title of world champ. Not a 4-1 or 4-0 fiasco again.

Exactly! Something like Ma Long against Zhang Jike in the Austrian Open 2011..
What a pitty they won't participate this year

Dec 2012
I guess that for eight months ago, Xu Xin has an extraordinary footwork, and his topspin is the best of the all penhold players around the world. He doesn´t block a lot and that makes that he attacks all the match.
I ´m very happy for this news.

Actually it is not yet true. This is just speculation and we will know soon if they are true :)