Ma Long New DHS Blade 2013

This user has no status.
Since Ma Long is sometimes getting customed by DHS, he can modify what he wants. It can be a DHS Hao because of the handle (blue paint with yellow line and a picture of WH at the base) but not for the blade because Ma Long likes all-wood blades. Maybe he uses Long 2 for the blade or MaxiM's post on HTP. I somehow don't know that yet.

says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012
Found some clear pictures, help guys to guess his new blade.. :)

Y_82867230_13011020_nmz.jpg

Y_17029650_13011020_nmz.jpg

Y_18166372_13011020_nmz.jpg

Photo sources: photo.sports.cn, took by Ni Minzhe

This user has no status.
Thanks for the pictures. Unfortunately, after hours of research, I still cannot find the correct blade. The closest one you could ever base (based from the handle color and design) are:- Hurricane Hao series- Hurricane TP Off +.Almost found them unfortunately the logo by the blade is colored gold and has a different design. We need someone from weibo to see this.

Aug 2012
How did you find this out? :) Just from the picture or written source?

Great pictures Tommy! Love them!

Oh..the logo on handle say it is Hurricane Long, and people in China all think it is Hurricane Long 2 + Hurricane Hao handle..

But it isn't an official saying :)

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Oh..the logo on handle say it is Hurricane Long, and people in China all think it is Hurricane Long 2 + Hurricane Hao handle..

Thank you, that makes sense :) Interesting choice Ma Long has gone for ^_^

Reactions: Giangt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012

what?
are you saying it is a
"hurricane long II blade"
with
"hurricane hao handle"

or
"hurricane hao blade"
with
"hurricane long II handle"
?

only option that makes any sense is the 1st one.
so if you are right all he did was change the handle to hurricane hao's.
so he still uses the same 506 blade to make it short.

Last edited:
Aug 2012
what?
are you saying it is a
"hurricane long II blade"
with
"hurricane hao handle"

or
"hurricane hao blade"
with
"hurricane long II handle"
?

only option that makes any sense is the 1st one.
so if you are right all he did was change the handle to hurricane hao's.
so he still uses the same 506 blade to make it short.

Yea..hurricane long II blade with hurricane hao handle :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Hurricane Long 2 blade = still correct because of wood look. Hurricane hao handle = not so sure about that. If it is hurricane hao handle, why does the crystal handle logo look so different from the original hao crystal logo? or is it just me?

Sure what they use is custom made so there are always minor or even major differences between their blades and commercial ones. DHS said Wang Hao use their Hurricane Hao 656 but the lens is indeed the same as Hurricane Hao 1 and blade face in brown colour, not the usual grey as commercial model. The same goes to WLQ where he used Stiga blade with Hurricane King handle for some time.

For Malong's new blade, the handle is no doubt in Hurricane Hao 656's blue/yellow colour. It even got the face of Wang Hao at the bottom, but with the lens replaced with the same gold/black lens belong to Hurrican Long 2. The blade's structure is not clear but without seeing the 2 red plys of his usual 506 or any carbon layers like HH3, it is only guessing that it could well be the same structure as HH2 which is an 5 ply all wood blade. Of course it is only guessing with what we can see and nothing is certain at this stage.

ma long blade enlarge.jpg
enlargement of ML blade showing bottom of handle. No red plys of 506 or HL2 is seen.

HH_handle.jpg
normal HH656 bottom of handle

HL2 a.jpgHL2 b.jpg
Hurricane Long 2's lens and bottom pic of Malong.
it is clear the lens of ML's blade is from HL2.

Reactions: craniumburn
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Here is a photo of Hurricane Long II with blue handle:

dhs-hurricane-long-2.jpg

I got that from here:

http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/dhs-hurricane-long-2.html

I don't know where table tennis db got it from. But, it looks like it could be similar to what Ma Long has in his hand. It is true that this blue looks darker than the one in Ma Long's hand, but that could be any number of things from the photo itself to Ma Long just requesting a lighter colored handle.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
A little more clear pic shows that the blade indeed has 2 visible plys, seems not as thick as the 2 red plys of the Stiga at the back but could be due to the angle. It is pretty much another 7 plys blade similar to 506 with light blue handle that DHS may release later as HL3. I do hope so. Also he had the FH rubber changed back to H3.
cnt blades 2.jpg