Ma Long New DHS Blade 2013

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
It is now official! DHS has just announced the new Hurricane Long 3 coming this year. Same structure as Hurricane Long 2 so it is indeed another 7 ply wood blade. Besides the change of handle colour there is also modification on adhesive used.
View attachment 3494

Where did you find the source?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Maybe you should read what was written first before posting this "usefull info".

Play nice. It is worth reading before posting, but nobody likes being treated like that.

It is now official! DHS has just announced the new Hurricane Long 3 coming this year. Same structure as Hurricane Long 2 so it is indeed another 7 ply wood blade. Besides the change of handle colour there is also modification on adhesive used.

HL3.jpg

This is nice info to know. A 7 ply wood blade with a blue handle and a photo of Ma Long on the bottom of the handle. I wonder what it will weigh.

HL3.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Play nice. It is worth reading before posting, but nobody likes being treated like that.

This is nice info to know. A 7 ply wood blade with a blue handle and a photo of Ma Long on the bottom of the handle. I wonder what it will weigh.

View attachment 3515
Think it would be the same as long 2. Weighs around 89g +-3g

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I really want to try out this blade! :) What blades is this similar to Carl?

I have not hit with one. If I knew what wood the different plies were I would be able to answer. I do have a feeling that it is similar to a Clipper though. That is just a guess. :) I would love to try it too.

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
I really want to try out this blade! :) What blades is this similar to Carl?
I have both the 506 prototype+pg3 handle and the commercial 506 And they play so nice!

I have not hit with one. If I knew what wood the different plies were I would be able to answer. I do have a feeling that it is similar to a Clipper though. That is just a guess. :) I would love to try it too.

I looks like a clipper but IMO it doesn't play like a clipper. I think there is more feel (medium feel) with the DHS 506 and it is almost as stiff as the Clipper. I reckon there is more control with this blade than the Clipper but that is my 50 cents :) Those I have are 88-90 grams.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews

I have both the 506 prototype+pg3 handle and the commercial 506 And they play so nice!

I looks like a clipper but IMO it doesn't play like a clipper. I think there is more feel (medium feel) with the DHS 506 and it is almost as stiff as the Clipper. I reckon there is more control with this blade than the Clipper but that is my 50 cents :) Those I have are 88-90 grams.

Thats for the comments guys, I hope I can get my hands on one of these to try. Ma Long sure seems to be hitting well with it :) Who knows tho, he could have a custom blade :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Thats for the comments guys, I hope I can get my hands on one of these to try. Ma Long sure seems to be hitting well with it :) Who knows tho, he could have a custom blade :D
I am thinking of buying one as well just to compare :) I have the impression that it is the one he is playing due to his sponsorship agreement with DHS

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Any idea what the outer ply on the blade is? Limba is the outer ply on a Clipper. Koto is the outer ply of a TB ALC.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Any idea what the outer ply on the blade is? Limba is the outer ply on a Clipper. Koto is the outer ply of a TB ALC.
I have the impression it is Limba. I have coated both my blades due to every time I reglued my blades small chips of wood came of. So my impression it is Limba because it is softer than koto