thread #3.333 - What's on your mind?

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
Hei guys :)

This is the 3.333th thread, thus a big Thank you to the TTD forum :)
I think of this forum as a second family, honestly. It is a wounderful atmosphere in a growing, lively community

What's this thread about?
It is about you and me, about us all :)

Tell the forum what is on your mind. Did you just celebrate something, do you feel let down in personal life or did you accomplish a long set goal?
Speak up and you will be heard, it doesnt matter if table tennis or not. This thread is for us :)

We don't need to post non-stop here, see what's going on with your tt-freaky brothers once in a while, give advice or at least your opinion :)

I'll just start as an example.
I have big exams coming up, but i am too lazy to learn ^^ it seems i can't motivate, the only thing i want to do is to play table-tennis, realize my video-plans together with T!Joachim and live a unconcerned way of life without regrets. How should i motivate myself to learn ? ;)

Note, i will be online less often since the exams and so, probably won't be missed :p

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey Christian!

Awesome thread, and wow 3,333 discussions since the birth of TableTennisDaily that's impressive :) Never thought the site would go this far when I first made it!

Good luck in your exams buddy! What I always thought when revising was thinking about what it will do for me in the future. Try to revise with some friends, that's always fun and try to vary how your revising. I hope this helps, TT is a big distraction haha :p

So what are my plans, firstly I am working on the equipment reviews. It's a bigger project than I first realised. At the moment I am focusing on getting it complete and perfect. I am also getting ready to start coaching tomorrow at the Bristol Table Tennis Academy! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Good luck with the exams, mate :)

A trick that I used to motivate me for my exams is that I set a goal for myself and If I reached that goal I would reward myself really good, that thought kept my going :)

A goal that I've recently reached is that I got myself qualified for the national championships :)
I became second in a qualifying round, lost the final 9-11 in the fifth set :(
But I look positively at it, it was one of the best matches I have ever played :D
So my goal now is to get far in the nationals :)

You can do it, fight for it, and the results will be pleasing!

Arne

Reactions: Dan
Dec 2012
Thank you both guys! At the moment we shoot and cut our new video so this is my distraction for a moment, i also try to reach some goals and reward me then, thanks Arne :)

Congrats Arne! Through to the national championships, that's awesome!
That's the spirit, next time it will be 11-9 for you ;)

Let's fight all :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
My thoughts...

Enjoyed the recent WCPP sandpaper event.

Superbly staged, exciting matches and apparently viewing figures are higher than expected so a fair chance of a repeat tournament at some point.

But what does that mean to our sport in terms of sponge bats. Will good players turn to sandpaper if there is money in it? Can the two versions co-exist? How does a fairly successful US event and an even more successful UK event help or hinder?

Dec 2012
My thoughts:
I passed both exams (with surprizingly good grades :D )
Got in contact with the ITTF
Piing of Power looks like it is going very well too
Went to the Austrian Open and had one time of my life! :)

But what does that mean to our sport in terms of sponge bats. Will good players turn to sandpaper if there is money in it? Can the two versions co-exist? How does a fairly successful US event and an even more successful UK event help or hinder?

I think the pros will never turn to sandpaper even not for money..

Dec 2012
Hei guys! Here we go again! :)

The competition "BALL OF THE MONTH" started again and Piing of Power wants to defend their TITLE :)
What do we want? :p We want YOU to vote for us :)

HOW?
Send an email to " [email protected] " with the subject " BDM VOTING " and this text:
I vote for Video Number 3.

That's all ! And of course you can win something!
These are the prizes you can win if you vote for us
:)
  • Butterfly Innerforce ZLF Wood
  • Butterfly Chill Trainingsuit
  • Butterfly NUBAG IV sportbag
  • 2x Tenergy Towels
  • 2x Bath Slippers
  • and
  • 72 pieces of 3star competition balls!

Dec 2012
i'll try to bring this thread up again :)
so i didnt pass my exam but this doesnt matter, i did not learn and rather invested time in PoP.

I'll get a new pc soon, with which i want to do some tributes and/or promos for table tennis!

What about you guys?:)

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Hrmm well I'm working on some Adidas Table Tennis promotion at the moment, I'm reviewing 4 new rubber types from them and helping establish the brand in NZ with one of the sponsored players. Also finally starting to train again after 2 months out! Exciting stuff :p

I can't really write everything that's on my mind because it's in constant motion haha