Michael Maze vs Kong Linghui - WTTC 2001

This is such a great match! Enjoy this one guys!

mazekong.jpg

Kong Linghui (left) Michael Maze (Right), Maze photo by: Feng Li/Getty Images Europe

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Great match to watch :) I notice Maze's forehand is a lot more technically conventional than it is today, his forehand is weird now!

Very true point Matt, his forehand is much better technically here. Interestingly, before I was injured my forehand was technically a lot better, now I have my injury and when I play my forehand is just not the same. I think Maze has this now. Now he is older he just swings at the ball with what he can do best :) I know how he feels haha, just not on the same playing level :D

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Maze's footwork is great to watch and, I was noticing as well, the technique on that forehand. Kong is always beautiful to watch. But you can see Maze's feet the whole time and seeing some of the places where he is anticipating in one direction and then has to switch directions, to see his feet and how they move is really cool.

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Hidden serves and 21 points! Almost forgot that's how it used to be, lol

lol I'm not even capable of hiding the ball anymore, I remember playing a fun match with a friend with a 38mm ball with old rules and everytime I tried to hide the serve with my arm I either faulted or it was an awful serve :D

Ian

This user has no status.

Ian

This user has no status.
Feb 2011
lol I'm not even capable of hiding the ball anymore, I remember playing a fun match with a friend with a 38mm ball with old rules and everytime I tried to hide the serve with my arm I either faulted or it was an awful serve :D
Haha, I'm exactly the same. I used to have a great hidden serve and now I couldn't pull one off to save my life.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Oh, come on, it feels so natural to keep that arm up and contact the ball close to your body and a little behind. It feels much better. You are catching the ball right in the power zone. Try it after a few beers and it will work just fine. :)

This user has no status.
Oh, come on, it feels so natural to keep that arm up and contact the ball close to your body and a little behind. It feels much better. You are catching the ball right in the power zone. Try it after a few beers and it will work just fine. :)

Totally agreed, it's really easy to hide the serve haha....

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl