Who do you think will win the Kuwait Open 2013 - ITTF World Tour?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 23 19.3%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 68 57.1%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Tianyi Jiang

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Gao Ning

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other (Post below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
ITTF uploaded both finals in full form to YouTube! What confused me in the Men's Final is Ma Long's 'backhand'(?) serve. At first sight it looked like an ordinary backhand serve, but did he hit it with the black rubber? For example at 40:25.. I'm not sure, did anybody think the same?
For the rest it wasn't really a high quality match, both players seemed fatigued or something, haven't heard a single cho... Only the last game Zhang made a fist a few times..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
ITTF uploaded both finals in full form to YouTube! What confused me in the Men's Final is Ma Long's 'backhand'(?) serve. At first sight it looked like an ordinary backhand serve, but did he hit it with the black rubber? For example at 40:25.. I'm not sure, did anybody think the same?
For the rest it wasn't really a high quality match, both players seemed fatigued or something, haven't heard a single cho... Only the last game Zhang made a fist a few times..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jweOY8G-HFg

Wow yeah, well noticed. That might actually be a really good service since you don't expect a full-topspin service with that motion.
By the way, slow motion replay at 40:35.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
# Semi Final: XU Xin vs MA Long / Full Match in Short Form

# Men's Final: Ma Long vs Zhang Jike / Full Match in Short Form

Reactions: TableTennisDaily
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
i think the same about both things. They played bad and without emotion. I think too that the serve was with the Fh and you can see for the effect, when i first see it and thought that zhang jike just react to that because they have practiced that service before so not a big surprise for ZJK

The 4th and 5th game definitely shows that Ma Long is way too tired than Jike. Probably they were still in Lunar New Year mode and then it suddenly they had to come over Kuwait for this >.>

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Ma Long beat Xu Xin 4-0. He beat him easily. Zhang Jike stood in there for all Ma Long's most powerful shots and ripped many of them back. Nobody can really do that to Ma Long. Zhang Jike also beat Ma Long on the short game. Yesterday Zhang Jike was, by far, the better player. That gives Ma Long something to think about. I think this is good for both Ma Long and Zhang Jike. There is really nobody close to either of them and if they both keep upping their games against each other, they both will continue to separate themselves from the rest. Sort of like Wang Liqin and Ma Lin when they were toe to toe at the top 10 years ago.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I do agree with you carl, some of the counters and hard blocks from Zhang Jike was amazing. But for some reason I am not entirely convinced. I feel all of the chinese players right now are saving themselves for the WTTC trials. A small niggle here and there and they don't want to expend themselves on the table. Thats what happened with ZJK in the last phase of the superleague and the last austrian open or whichever was the last tournament before this. I still fail to believe he has less motivation , they are too smart for that and likewise I fail to believe the Ma Long gave his 100%. Look at his backhand serves with reverse spin , he just did not want to move . Thats not common for Ma Long.

says Aging is a killer
The 4th and 5th game definitely shows that Ma Long is way too tired than Jike. Probably they were still in Lunar New Year mode and then it suddenly they had to come over Kuwait for this >.>

I don't think he was tired. He's a superb athlete. It's obvious that he simply gave up.

This user has no status.
Ma long was too far of his concentration. He can see that he tried to invert the situation by his attitude and how he asked the time out, but he was in a day no. If you have not notice see how Zhang jike used the time out, he saw ma long far of the table and do it. Then he go to his corner and ma long go to the table to put the racket. Then ZJK see Ma long going to his corner and ZJK came to the table because it was his time out so he decide when it overs. I think that is a attitude of not respect, they belong to the same team

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
# Women's Singles Final: Liu Shiwen vs Feng Tianwei / Full Match in Short Form

>> A Great Match!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Ma long was too far of his concentration. He can see that he tried to invert the situation by his attitude and how he asked the time out, but he was in a day no. If you have not notice see how Zhang jike used the time out, he saw ma long far of the table and do it. Then he go to his corner and ma long go to the table to put the racket. Then ZJK see Ma long going to his corner and ZJK came to the table because it was his time out so he decide when it overs. I think that is a attitude of not respect, they belong to the same team

A attitude of not respect????

Don't be so sensitive! Zhang Jike and Ma Long are actually best friends.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
remember that in the past when ma long win against ZJK ZJk didnot shank hand to ma long in the final of the game

In this matter, I accept ZJK's explanations and believe he didn't do that on purpose.
I've paid close attention to ZJK for some time. He is sometimes careless and do funny/stupid things, especially when he is too into a match. :D

Reactions: revulucao