Who do you think will win the Kuwait Open 2013 - ITTF World Tour?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 23 19.3%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 68 57.1%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Tianyi Jiang

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Gao Ning

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other (Post below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Wow, Jeong Sangeun was trailing by 3 games to 0 and 10-5 against Gustavo Tsuboi, the Korean coached walked off. Jeong came back and won 4-3!

Reactions: Michal_Z

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
You mean the coach already thought that the match was hopeless???

Bojan Tokic is also out. We were supposed to see them (along with Lee Sangsu)against Ma Long....

Yeah he has already left and thought the match was over. I just saw, my favorite player Bojan is out :( Just shows how strong this World Tour is!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Fegerl played a hell of a match !! We have a lot of exciting matches coming !! I also have to say that Zhang Jike is not in a good condition , he won 4-3 against Wong Chun so i think he is not ready for Ma Long or Xu Xin ...
So for next round i think the big players will have no problem winning , I hope Zhang will win Habensohn who is playing very good till now !!
The best of this round will be Marcos Freitas VS Stefan Fegerl !!! I think it will 2-4 or 3-4 for Fegerl who was simply amazing against Tokic !!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Sad that Wong Chun Ting can't win it. He was there already. Could have been a birthday surprise for Zhang Jike hahahaha

Biggest upset of round 1 : Jiang Tianyi, lost 9-11 in the seventh against Hung Tzu-Hsiang

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Kang Dong Soo, 18 Year old korean defender beats Fang Bo 4-3, 11-7 in the 7th!
what a match!
please someone make a highlight of this, itwas such a good match! his defence was incredible, and he has plenty of time to work on his attack too!
dont think anyoine could have predicted tht- he lost to habesohn in his group, i would never have backed him vs such a powerful player as Fang Bo!
pleaaaase someone highlight the video :p

:)

...the new Joo, do we think?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Yeah he has already left and thought the match was over. I just saw, my favorite player Bojan is out :( Just shows how strong this World Tour is!

I think what actually happened is that the Korean coach tried to coach Jeong when it reached 10-10, if you look you can see jeong picks the ball up from right infront of his coach, then the umpire says something, we look again and the coach is gone. so i think he was yellow carded and sent away lol
that being the case, jeong did incredibly well to come back, 3-0 down, and without a coach for half the match :p

just seen fang bo beaten by kang dongsoo, some incredible defending from the Korean junior...:)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I think what actually happened is that the Korean coach tried to coach Jeong when it reached 10-10, if you look you can see jeong picks the ball up from right infront of his coach, then the umpire says something, we look again and the coach is gone. so i think he was yellow carded and sent away lol
that being the case, jeong did incredibly well to come back, 3-0 down, and without a coach for half the match :p

just seen fang bo beaten by kang dongsoo, some incredible defending from the Korean junior...:)

Thanks for the update Steven, it looks like you are right :) Yeah Jeong did so well he seemed down and out. My friend who I live with is best mates with Jeong and Jeong text him after the match saying, Phew that was close :). Pretty cool a.

I just watched that match now it was spectacular, some of the rallies in the seventh set were incredible! I can see a good future for Kang, I wonder if he will follow Joo's footsteps :) I did a small write up here: http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/f...d-by-world-number-324-in-the-Kuwait-Open-2013!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Thanks for the update Steven, it looks like you are right :) Yeah Jeong did so well he seemed down and out. My friend who I live with is best mates with Jeong and Jeong text him after the match saying, Phew that was close :). Pretty cool a.

I just watched that match now it was spectacular, some of the rallies in the seventh set were incredible! I can see a good future for Kang, I wonder if he will follow Joo's footsteps :) I did a small write up here: http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/f...d-by-world-number-324-in-the-Kuwait-Open-2013!

Thats soooooo
cool! Is that how you got into contact with joo and lee sang su etc for our questions? :p
kang was incredible. I think he played way above his level, but there's no reason why he can't be the new joo once JSH retires :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thats soooooo
cool! Is that how you got into contact with joo and lee sang su etc for our questions? :p
kang was incredible. I think he played way above his level, but there's no reason why he can't be the new joo once JSH retires :)

You got it :) And also another contact which helps with the translating. I know he played amazing, my house mate couldn't believe how much he has improved as he use to give him a handy cap last year :) I think he definitely has JSH potential :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
You got it :) And also another contact which helps with the translating. I know he played amazing, my house mate couldn't believe how much he has improved as he use to give him a handy cap last year :) I think he definitely has JSH potential :)

definitely! :) i look forward to seeing how the young defenders that are around at the moment, how good they turn out to be..not just the Koreans, Muramatsu and that young Chinese one,Ma Te I think his name is...that makes 3 Ma's in the CHN national team :p