Ma Long's Super Match Point Forehand!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey guys,

Ma Long seems to be playing a lot better over the last few months winning many close enounters in the Chinese Super League and in the recent China Trials for the World Table Tennis Championships 2013. In the video below you can see Ma Long's confidence at match point in the China Trials against Fan Zhendong. Catch up with full latest news, results, videos and more from the WTTC Trials here

The technique is insane! Watch closely on slow mo how much legs, body, arm and wrist Ma Long puts into this superb shot!

malongmatchpoint.jpg

Ever struck a forehand like this? :D

What are your thoughts on Ma Long in 2013 so far?

Reactions: MundoTT
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
i think LethalForehand has...

i think LethalForehand has touched on a key point here. we have all had those moments when we just go for something big.... & if we are loose; relaxed... many times it will happen! that was the thing that crossed my mind when I saw this awesome, match ending point

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Are you referring to this shot? youtube. com/watch?v=5KmGN6BRLFw
Sorry I can't post links yet

Wang Liqin was famous for huge forehands from the backhand side opposite cross-court so there were many many shots like what Ma Long did from Wang Liqin. But, this particular shot reminds me more of some of Ma Lin's opening attacks from the same spot.