Back to Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 15,998 14,481

Super Moderator 14,481 15,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Thanks Carl, yeah just a product test really. I can compare later. I will be honest, today I tried the rubbers with my friend for a quick test and wow they are impressive. Stay tuned for the video
    Cool. Get some good camera angles so we can see how much of a hook you can put on your sidespin loops.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!

Administrator 4,208 6,792

Administrator 6,792 4,208
    Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl
    Cool. Get some good camera angles so we can see how much of a hook you can put on your sidespin loops.
    Haha you have the best ideas Carl! Will do

When people at Spin watch me and my friends hit, at night, when there are no pros and we are the best players there, they are always amazed at how we can get the ball to curve 4-5 feet left or right when we are back from the table and going loop to loop. It definitely gives you an idea of how much spin is being put on that little ball.

One of my training partners is a lefty and it took me a while to be able to handle the lefty hook. But now I have it and we have these great rallies forehand to forehand from mid-distance looping. So much fun. I got good enough with it that, a few weeks ago I was hitting with a 2500 level lefty and he was amazed that I could take his hook with my forehand from the backhand side and loop it back. hahaha

Nothing better than something that really shows you how much spin there is on the ball.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Spin is Everything

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 166 382
    J
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 382 166

User Info Menu

Jun 2011
    UK
    Read 6 Reviews
    Dan, I suppose the biggest question is this - why would a good player change from regular calibra LT? I have been using it for a long time now, and don't think I will risk using anything else right now - I know a few top players using calibra LT and happy with it. So why would we want to change - or rather, are these 'new' rubbers worth it? Personally, I very much doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimasterplk
    Dan, I suppose the biggest question is this - why would a good player change from regular calibra LT? I have been using it for a long time now, and don't think I will risk using anything else right now - I know a few top players using calibra LT and happy with it. So why would we want to change - or rather, are these 'new' rubbers worth it? Personally, I very much doubt it.
    Wang Hao uses Sriver on his backhand. He has not changed that since the speed glue days. I wonder, does he speed glue it. Of course you can use anything. But what made so many people change from Bryce Speed to Tenergy? Or from Boost to Calibra? Sometimes the next generation is not that different. Sometimes it is noticeably better for certain things.

I am looking forward to hearing the reviews.
    Spin is Everything

Administrator 4,208 6,792

Administrator 6,792 4,208
    Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl
    When people at Spin watch me and my friends hit, at night, when there are no pros and we are the best players there, they are always amazed at how we can get the ball to curve 4-5 feet left or right when we are back from the table and going loop to loop. It definitely gives you an idea of how much spin is being put on that little ball.

One of my training partners is a lefty and it took me a while to be able to handle the lefty hook. But now I have it and we have these great rallies forehand to forehand from mid-distance looping. So much fun. I got good enough with it that, a few weeks ago I was hitting with a 2500 level lefty and he was amazed that I could take his hook with my forehand from the backhand side and loop it back. hahaha

Nothing better than something that really shows you how much spin there is on the ball.
    So so so true! Yesterday I did some shots with the pro players at the Bristol Table Tennis Academy. The way we tested the rubbers was going back from the table doing top spins to top spins... to have a look a the spin and feel. We found the soft version to have more spin. I may upload a teaser video today for you

Quote Originally Posted by jedimasterplk
    Yeah your right and I understand your question. But I guess this is how the world works, like why buy a Samsung galaxy S4 when you have the S2. I think because Stiga have made 3 new products they will be using their latest technology and the factories will probably have come up with something better than their previous manufactured equipment's.

Fair point tho jedimasterplk

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 8
    C
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 8 1
    Sorry to ask what maybe a dumb question but.....Where can I find these reviews please??
    I have just aquired a Stiga Allround Classic Evolution blade and I am keen to fit Stiga rubbers to it.
    Last edited by CaptainBit; 10-28-2014 at 04:58 AM.

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 382 1,043
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,043 382
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBit
    Sorry to ask what maybe a dumb question but.....Where can I find these reviews please??
    I have just aquired a Stiga Allround Classic Evolution blade and I am keen to fit Stiga rubbers to it.
    Try to search after STIGA reviews in the search function. However I know that STIGA Calibra LT works very well with the Classic Evolution blade!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12