Stiga to launch 3 new rubbers in May 2013

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Great news guys, I will be working alongside Stiga to test their latest products for you all on TableTennisDaily! :)

In May 2013, Stiga will be launching 3 new rubbers which are currently in the testing phase. The rubbers will be in three types:

- Soft
- Medium
- hard

I will be reviewing these rubbers in the upcoming weeks, what would you like to see in the review? It would be great to hear your opinions and ideas.

The three rubbers in the video below:

stiga3new.jpg

3 types of rubber:

3stigarubbers2013.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Whoa! Really cool stuff, Dan!

I think taking some basic stuff from TTdb with more detailed version will be awesome:
-Speed
>on low impact shot (block, short game, service and receive, etc)
>on high impact shot (active block, loop, smash, etc)
-Spin
>again on low impact shot (block, short game, service and receive, etc)
>and on high impact shot (active block, loop, smash, etc)
-Control
>very relativistic, probably it simply needs to be added in the conclusion that A rubber is suitable for X type of play in Y range from the table or something like that
-Surface Grip
-Throw Angle
>on low impact and high impact shot (might be different!)
-Weight
-Sponge Hardness
-Gears
>again, very relativistic
-Consistency
-Durability
>very unlikely though

Probably also with 2 or 3 parts of review such as:
-Initial impression
-The physical characteristics
-The review on the table

Hopefully this could help!

Go for it Dan! The partnership between you and Stiga for TTD itself is epic enough, can't wait for the review and upcoming stuffs like this! :)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Whoa! Really cool stuff, Dan!

I think taking some basic stuff from TTdb with more detailed version will be awesome:
-Speed
>on low impact shot (block, short game, service and receive, etc)
>on high impact shot (active block, loop, smash, etc)
-Spin
>again on low impact shot (block, short game, service and receive, etc)
>and on high impact shot (active block, loop, smash, etc)
-Control
>very relativistic, probably it simply needs to be added in the conclusion that A rubber is suitable for X type of play in Y range from the table or something like that
-Surface Grip
-Throw Angle
>on low impact and high impact shot (might be different!)
-Weight
-Sponge Hardness
-Gears
>again, very relativistic
-Consistency
-Durability
>very unlikely though

Probably also with 2 or 3 parts of review such as:
-Initial impression
-The physical characteristics
-The review on the table

Hopefully this could help!

Go for it Dan! The partnership between you and Stiga for TTD itself is epic enough, can't wait for the review and upcoming stuffs like this! :)

Awesome Yosua! I really appreciate your comments and have taken on board your information for the reviews :) Just waiting on the Stiga Rosewood blade and I will be making my reviews asap. I cannot wait to test these rubbers, they seem of very high quality!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
I would like to see info on bouncyness (compared to some popular rubber - Calibra, Tenergy), and where on the scale catapult effect comes into action - at low speeds like stiga boost, or high like tenergy/hurricane. Cut weight :)?
I would love to see how they compare to Calibra lt, they look very similar. Thanks!

Reactions: Dan
says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
Just awesome that Stiga sent you these rubbers man! :D
Watched the video earlier, the new rubbers are interesting

What I would like to know about these rubbers is that are they similar to Calibra LT and Tenergy rubbers? Which rubber of these feels best?
Also, how big difference is there in the medium and the hard rubber? Is the hard one faster and less controll or what are your feeling about the different (soft,medium,hard) rubbers?

What's the spin, speed and control of the rubbers compared to Calibra and Tenergy would be cool to hear :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanks for all comments guys, I will certainly be using your feedback in the video reviews I conduct next week :) Today I glued the rubbers on the 3 Stiga blades I have, they feel very good I have to say.. some pics below :)

stigabladesrubber.jpg

stigabladesrubber1.jpg

Reactions: Scorpnox
says Aging is a killer
Maybe we should suggest some TTD names to Stiga.
A brand name like 'Tenergy' sounds familiar while being totally new, thus unique. Sweden as a brand is very strong in TT circles so I think they should use a word from the Swedish language.
For my suggestion, I googled the Swedish word for Advantage. Result was " Välgörande ". Cool. huh:eek:

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
How is the spin on them. How is the speed? What is it like for short game? What is it like for looping against underspin? What is it like looping close to the table, mid distance, long range?

How does it compare to Tenergy? Rakza 7? Calibra LT?

I don't think the name is an issue. They will come up with something. But, no reason people on the forum who like things like that, cannot try and help Stiga find a good name.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
By the way Dan, if you can get them to give you a Rosewood XO (5 ply), you should do it. That is one amazing blade. I think that is the best all wood blade I have felt. Lighter and faster than the Rosewood V NCT, with more control. The balance is really good as well. I thought the hype was just that, but, when I felt it, I loved it. And it is definitely different than the Rosewood V NCT.

That being said, a Clipper, a Rosewood V NCT and a Offensive CR WRB: Not bad. :)

Would love to hear from you how the rubber feels. I am loving my Xiom Omega IV, but, is fun to hear, and feel what different equipment is like.

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
Thanks for all comments guys, I will certainly be using your feedback in the video reviews I conduct next week :) Today I glued the rubbers on the 3 Stiga blades I have, they feel very good I have to say.. some pics below :)

stigabladesrubber.jpg

stigabladesrubber1.jpg

is it really a good idea to use 3 different blades? i mean .. how do you want to compare them if the characteristics are so different? ...

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
is it really a good idea to use 3 different blades? i mean .. how do you want to compare them if the characteristics are so different? ...

Well I don't mean to compare them, I want to just test how good they are really using different types of blades from Stiga. I will let Stiga know how well they performed from my perspective and let you all know what they are like. I have a feeling the Medium rubber is very good just from testing the bounce and spin I get from just bouncing the ball on the bat :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
How is the spin on them. How is the speed? What is it like for short game? What is it like for looping against underspin? What is it like looping close to the table, mid distance, long range?

How does it compare to Tenergy? Rakza 7? Calibra LT?

I don't think the name is an issue. They will come up with something. But, no reason people on the forum who like things like that, cannot try and help Stiga find a good name.

Thanks for this Carl, helps a lot. I will include these variations in the review :) Sure I will compare it to other rubbers, but perhaps in the future. I don't want to compare against Tenergy etc just right now. I will check how it performs just from trying it out. I don't want to have a one sided opinion etc. I will just test it's performance :) A comparison review could be on the cards in the near future.

By the way Dan, if you can get them to give you a Rosewood XO (5 ply), you should do it. That is one amazing blade. I think that is the best all wood blade I have felt. Lighter and faster than the Rosewood V NCT, with more control. The balance is really good as well. I thought the hype was just that, but, when I felt it, I loved it. And it is definitely different than the Rosewood V NCT.

That being said, a Clipper, a Rosewood V NCT and a Offensive CR WRB: Not bad. :)

Would love to hear from you how the rubber feels. I am loving my Xiom Omega IV, but, is fun to hear, and feel what different equipment is like.

Nice yeah I've heard a lot about the Rosewood XO (5 ply) to. Sounds like a great blade if it maintains the control to. I can see if I can get one in the future and I will test with the new rubbers. I think these rubbers are going to be great, I have a good feeling about them :)

p.s. your long awaited equipment review's system on TTD will be complete soon. Been working on it for 2 months now :D It's really coming along now :)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks for this Carl, helps a lot. I will include these variations in the review :) Sure I will compare it to other rubbers, but perhaps in the future. I don't want to compare against Tenergy etc just right now. I will check how it performs just from trying it out. I don't want to have a one sided opinion etc. I will just test it's performance :) A comparison review could be on the cards in the near future.

Nice yeah I've heard a lot about the Rosewood XO (5 ply) to. Sounds like a great blade if it maintains the control to. I can see if I can get one in the future and I will test with the new rubbers. I think these rubbers are going to be great, I have a good feeling about them :)

p.s. your long awaited equipment review's system on TTD will be complete soon. Been working on it for 2 months now :D It's really coming along now :)

Nice. It will be very cool to have once it is set up for everyone.

I understand why you want to just focus on how it plays first and not compare it to other rubbers to start out. Makes sense. I also understand why you might want to feel the rubbers on several different blades. It will be fun to hear how you like the blades and the rubbers. :)

Who knows, Stiga just might succeed in getting you to change your setup. :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Nice. It will be very cool to have once it is set up for everyone.

I understand why you want to just focus on how it plays first and not compare it to other rubbers to start out. Makes sense. I also understand why you might want to feel the rubbers on several different blades. It will be fun to hear how you like the blades and the rubbers. :)

Who knows, Stiga just might succeed in getting you to change your setup. :)

Thanks Carl, yeah just a product test really. I can compare later. I will be honest, today I tried the rubbers with my friend for a quick test and wow they are impressive. Stay tuned for the video :)