Stiga to launch 3 new rubbers in May 2013

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks Carl, yeah just a product test really. I can compare later. I will be honest, today I tried the rubbers with my friend for a quick test and wow they are impressive. Stay tuned for the video :)

Cool. Get some good camera angles so we can see how much of a hook you can put on your sidespin loops. :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
When people at Spin watch me and my friends hit, at night, when there are no pros and we are the best players there, they are always amazed at how we can get the ball to curve 4-5 feet left or right when we are back from the table and going loop to loop. It definitely gives you an idea of how much spin is being put on that little ball.

One of my training partners is a lefty and it took me a while to be able to handle the lefty hook. But now I have it and we have these great rallies forehand to forehand from mid-distance looping. So much fun. I got good enough with it that, a few weeks ago I was hitting with a 2500 level lefty and he was amazed that I could take his hook with my forehand from the backhand side and loop it back. hahaha

Nothing better than something that really shows you how much spin there is on the ball.

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Dan, I suppose the biggest question is this - why would a good player change from regular calibra LT? I have been using it for a long time now, and don't think I will risk using anything else right now - I know a few top players using calibra LT and happy with it. So why would we want to change - or rather, are these 'new' rubbers worth it? Personally, I very much doubt it.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Dan, I suppose the biggest question is this - why would a good player change from regular calibra LT? I have been using it for a long time now, and don't think I will risk using anything else right now - I know a few top players using calibra LT and happy with it. So why would we want to change - or rather, are these 'new' rubbers worth it? Personally, I very much doubt it.

Wang Hao uses Sriver on his backhand. :) He has not changed that since the speed glue days. I wonder, does he speed glue it. :) Of course you can use anything. But what made so many people change from Bryce Speed to Tenergy? Or from Boost to Calibra? Sometimes the next generation is not that different. Sometimes it is noticeably better for certain things.

I am looking forward to hearing the reviews.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
When people at Spin watch me and my friends hit, at night, when there are no pros and we are the best players there, they are always amazed at how we can get the ball to curve 4-5 feet left or right when we are back from the table and going loop to loop. It definitely gives you an idea of how much spin is being put on that little ball.

One of my training partners is a lefty and it took me a while to be able to handle the lefty hook. But now I have it and we have these great rallies forehand to forehand from mid-distance looping. So much fun. I got good enough with it that, a few weeks ago I was hitting with a 2500 level lefty and he was amazed that I could take his hook with my forehand from the backhand side and loop it back. hahaha

Nothing better than something that really shows you how much spin there is on the ball.

So so so true! Yesterday I did some shots with the pro players at the Bristol Table Tennis Academy. The way we tested the rubbers was going back from the table doing top spins to top spins... to have a look a the spin and feel. We found the soft version to have more spin. I may upload a teaser video today for you :)

Yeah your right and I understand your question. But I guess this is how the world works, like why buy a Samsung galaxy S4 when you have the S2. I think because Stiga have made 3 new products they will be using their latest technology and the factories will probably have come up with something better than their previous manufactured equipment's.

Fair point tho jedimasterplk :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
Sorry to ask what maybe a dumb question but.....Where can I find these reviews please??
I have just aquired a Stiga Allround Classic Evolution blade and I am keen to fit Stiga rubbers to it.

Try to search after STIGA reviews in the search function. However I know that STIGA Calibra LT works very well with the Classic Evolution blade! :)