Give me some tips :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Firstly just some information about how I play before I launch into my questions :D I'm a very consistent player, offensive shakehand looper on both FH and BH, FH being my weapon whilst BH is mostly for initiating an attack combined with close table pushes when my opponent is attacking and defensive loops in loop-to-loop rallies. However I find that especially with my FH, although I'm quite consistent, I don't generate alot of power. When I play against good blockers, I am usually always on the attack however the lack of power enables my opponent to defend and move me around which will eventually give them a good opportunity to strike back or to force me to commit an error. So my question is, how can I generate more power? Is it because of my rubbers? (I use DHS 729 black on my forehand) I feel that it has great control and spin but the power is lacking. If it's because of the rubbers what other fast rubbers should I get?

Thanks!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Firstly just some information about how I play before I launch into my questions :D I'm a very consistent player, offensive shakehand looper on both FH and BH, FH being my weapon whilst BH is mostly for initiating an attack combined with close table pushes when my opponent is attacking and defensive loops in loop-to-loop rallies. However I find that especially with my FH, although I'm quite consistent, I don't generate alot of power. When I play against good blockers, I am usually always on the attack however the lack of power enables my opponent to defend and move me around which will eventually give them a good opportunity to strike back or to force me to commit an error. So my question is, how can I generate more power? Is it because of my rubbers? (I use DHS 729 black on my forehand) I feel that it has great control and spin but the power is lacking. If it's because of the rubbers what other fast rubbers should I get?

Thanks!

Wow man thats weird... the way you described the way you play is the exact same as me!! and i have the same problem... when on the attack you find people can make u run all over the place and then they counter from a weak ball from you.....

1) I find that placing the ball to there middle helps a lot
2) always put ur ball in a different place to keep them guessing
3) maybe try a different rubber on the fh to see how it goes
4) vary your spin... sometimes a slow spin ball will set you up for the next ball.
5) when you practice, try using a bit of wrist in the forehand and really emphasise on the legs and waist rotation to impact the ball hard!
6) and lastly try to stay and press up to the table.... top-spinning far from the table gives your opponent at lot of time

Hope this can help

P.s. try putting some booster on your bat, that will do the trick ha ;)

Gd luk!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Great ideas! Yeah I think I need to stay close to the table more, I tend to back away too fast whilst my opponent stands closer haha

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Great ideas! Yeah I think I need to stay close to the table more, I tend to back away too fast whilst my opponent stands closer haha

Thats ok! yah for sure dont drop of unless they are hitting the ball 100 mph at you :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
lol yeah, I have a friend who literally smashes every ball, and he gets them over the net most of the time, so I'm forced to move away haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Can you just tell us your blade and rubber ? I believe that you use Friendship 729, but there are a lot of different 729 rubbers...
Most of them are :
really spinny,
quite hard (45°+),
don't have much or no tensor effect, and
are quite slow for attaking rubbers

Depending on what you have, you can perhaps try a tensor rubber, for example 729-5. It helps accelerate when you do a top spin.
You can also add more power with more aggressive rubber (european rubbers especially), but you will lose control.
If you use hard sponge (45°+) did you test medium or softer sponge ? It helps adding spin and power to topspin, but you lose hard-hitting power.

Hope that helps.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
OK,
so you should already be delivering powerful blows (the blade is a very aggressive one).
I would consider tensor rubber.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
someone can give me some tips how to use dhs hurricane 3 neo for fh??

Hmm,, when i used it,, i felt like i had to open the blade more to topspin... practice looping with topspin with this rubber for a while dont go for speed... focus on spin and using your legs and waist... you will generate power once you have mastered this :D