Quentin Robinot - Back Shot 2013

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
We had to make a separate thread for this epic shot played today at the Kuwait Open 2013! Check out France's Quentin Robinot against Kiryl Barabanov. Both players are in shock for the first few seconds :) This shot could well be a potential candidate for the 2013 Best shots of the year video :)

backshotquentin.jpg

This back shot is unlike most others, as Quentin topspin's the ball from behind his back!

Enjoy.

Catch up on all the latest from the Kuwait Open 2013 here

Administrator
Oct 2010
damn such an amazing back shot xo
totally unexpected
bratanov is a little bit like the opponent of matsumoto when matsumoto did that backshot, i can't remember wich open it was

I thought the exact same.. Very similar reaction. he thought he had one the point and then bam a back shot!

At 1.31 you can see your example :) It featured in our best shots of 2011 video :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
The thing I love about this video mostly, is, that also Robinot thought he lost the point!
If you watch carefully, you will see it! He already (bodylanguage) gave up on that point, when he saw the counter-topspin down the line..
He definitelly didnt mean to bring that ball back on the table, he just wanted to hit the ball..
It took few seconds till he realised that the ball actually fell on the table and he won the point he already considered lost..
Then the real cute smile (and I am not gay, I just love to see people smile) and a real sport gesture from the Belarusian with clapping on a shot that shouldnt really happen, hehe :)

Reactions: Dan

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Maybe Quentin was inspired by my back shot for the TTD Trick Shot video :D Only joking, I cannot get over how amazing Quentin's shot is. He doesnt even realise he done it I don't think!