Who do you think will win the Qatar Open 2013 - ITTF World Tour?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 38 45.8%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Jiang Tianyi

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Gao Ning

• Zhan Jian

• Other (Post below)

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Qatar Open 2013 - ITTF World Tour, Super Series 20 Feb 2013 - 24 Feb 2013, Doha, Qatar

With the Kuwait Open coming to a halt today, we now move onto the upcoming Qatar Open which is the fourth World Tour of the year! The Qatar Open Super Series is due to take place on Wednesday 20th February in Doha and will conclude on Sunday 24th February, a tournament with a total prize fund of 'unknown as of yet'.

The Qatar open is very similar to the starting line up of the recent Kuwait Open whereby the number 1 seed for the Men's Singles is the newly acclaimed world number 1, Xu Xin! China's new world number 1 will lead the Chinese National team which includes Zhang Jike, Ma Long, Wang Hao, Fan Zhendong and Yan An. Chuang Chih Yuan is seeded position 5 after Wang Hao, followed by Europe's Dimitrij Ovtcahrov and Vladimir Samsonov. Full seeding below.

Total number of entries so far is: 202

Main Draw

Men's Singles
Men's Doubles

Women's Singles
Women's Doubles
Live matches from the Qatar Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has integrated chat!

China's Xu Xin, the World #1 has entered the Qatar Open as the #1 seed.

xuxinqatar2013.jpg

Xu Xin the no.1 seed, photo by: Ni Minzhe

Men's Singles Seeds

samsonovqatar2013.jpg

Vladimir Samsonov enters the tournament as the #6 seed - Photo by: Getty Images Europe

1) Xu Xin
2) Zhang Jike
3) Ma Long
4) Wang Hao
5) Chuang Chih-Yuan
6) Dimitrij Ovtcharov
7) Vladimir Samsonov
8) Jiang Tianyi
9) Gao Ning
10) Zhan Jian
11) Chen Weixing
12) Bastian*Steger
13) Marcos*Freitas
14) Adrien*Mattenet
15) Kim Minseok
16) Tang Peng

For full Men's entries click here

Women Singles Seeds

fengqatar2013.jpg

Feng Tianwei enters the tournament as the #4 seed - Photo by: allvoices.com

1) Ding Ning
2) Liu Shiwen
3) Li Xiaoxia
4) Feng Tianwei
5) Zhu Yuling
6) Jiang Huajun
7) Wu Jiaduo
8) Iveta Vacenovska
9) Yang Haeun
10) Hajung*Seok
11) Yu Mengyu
12) Jeon Jihee
13) Li Xiaodan
14) Seo Hyowon
15) Han Ying
16) Lee Eunhee

For full Women's entries click here

Men's Doubles

1 Ma Long/Zhang Jike
2 Gao Ning/Li Hu
3 Kim Min Seok/Seo Hyundeok
4 Kristian Karlsson/Mattias Karlsson
5 Wang Hao/Yan An
6 Robert Gardos/Daniel Habesohn
7 Jiang Tianyi/TANG Peng
8 Cho Eonrae/Jung Youngsik

Women's Doubles

1 Cheng I-Ching/Huang Yi-Hua
2 Ding Ning/Li Xiaoxia
3 Jiang Huajun/Lee Ho Ching
4 Feng Tianwei/Yu Mengyu
5 Park Youngsok/Seok Hajung
6 Guan Meng Yuan/Ng Wing Nam
7 Lee Eunhee/Lee Yearam
8 Jeon Jihee/Yang Haeun

Live matches from the Qatar Open 2013 can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has integrated chat!

This is the fourth World Tour series of the year! The line up is huge! Who do you think will win? Will Zhang Jike maintain momentum from the recent Kuwait Open? Will Ma Long get another chance to try defeat his arch rival? Can the young guns of China including Yan An and Fan Zhendong pose a threat in the draw? Can China's Wang Hao find form? European players including Dimitrij Ovtchaov, Vladimir Samsonov, Chen Weixing, Bastian Steger, Marcos Freitas, Adrien Mattenet will all be looking to get their hands on the trophy!

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular World Tour event! What are your predictions from each event.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I'm looking forward to this one! Lets hope we see some incredible points like we did at the recent Kuwait :) I'm sure we will. I wonder if we will get more votes for Zhang Jike this time around :)

Kuwait Open Ma Long had 244 TTD votes to Zhang Jike's 85

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Which serve do you mean buddy? His backhand serve?

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

I think he means his reverse pendulum serve. And I noticed Ma Long used a LOT of his backhand serves during the last game, which he usually only does in tight situations. Both aren't exactly new, though his backhand serve is a little more commonly used.

I think the results should probably be the same as Kuwait's, regardless of the *new* entries (Samsonov, Fan Zhendong, Chen etc.)

Also, they should really base the seedings more on Kuwait's results. Thus, Xu Xin and Ding Ning shouldn't be first. And why is ZJK 2nd in the world? Isn't he 3rd now in Feb?

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Ah, that explains. Still ZJK is 2nd on the front page World Rankings on TTD and it says Feb 2013. Surely nothing to do with any world tour thing?

Sorry the TTD world rankings havent been updated yet. I will update them tonight :)

Steven is right, the world rankings are based when the entries are made for the world tour. The next world tour will be based on the lastest world rankings where Ma Long is world no.2 and Zhang Jike is no.3

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Ma long is great player but when he is not under pressure.in kuwait finals Ma long played so bad and Zhang Jike played normal , not great.and it was because they were both so tired bucause of doubles final.Zhang Jike wins because of his uniqe physics.so if these two meet in final it will be a 4-2 or 4-3 match but Zhang Jike is still the winner!!