What is your playing style and what kinds of players do you tend to lose against?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Im a controlled two wing topspinner.wont say attacker as i control each shot with high arc-good topspin shots rather than low arcing very fast topspins.

i also play defensively occasionally,lobbing then topspinning back with fast speed(all out attack-but most often the ball lands in the net).

my primary weapon is my serve.9 out of 10 times the opponent cant return it properly-either too high for a smash,or right of the table.

Few days ago was playing with short pips.really enjoyed the fast game with it.

BTW,i play shakehand(primary style),as well as penstyle-good enough to beat good players,but not too consistent.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
I'm a aggressive blocker and i usually lose against control blocker because they dose not attack so i couldn't use their power against them.
I have upgraded my game and now i'm a two wing looper with good BH.
I usually try to get the point by placement. I'm good at blocking and i try to attack the service right away.

I have problems against aggressive two wing attacker because i'm able to out block one wing looper but two wing aggressive looper ate able to over power me. But still i have good chance against them too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
I am an offensive player. 3rd ball I move for a BH flick always if short. FH is stronger, and I have a Chinese loop. The farther back I play, the more fun I have :) I love counter looping and lobbing. I so very badly against choppers, but with my new setup I feel like it's easier to loop under spin.

I beat a good chopper today! I think I have to partially thank my new setup.

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
i use cpen with rbh (wang hao). i play aggressive attack game. i use fast inverted rubbers on both sides. i lose a lot to spinny mid-distance defenders because of my poor footwalk and lack of patience. any advice is welcomed.

Haha well, beeing patient is the most important thing you need to play a defender. You can practice to topspin the ball multiple times against the long pimples and then try to hit it faster and faster. If you do that in a match and you place the ball well a defender has no chance at all to win. or he must be superman... or Joo See Hyuk

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Quote Originally Posted by manluski View Post

i use cpen with rbh (wang hao). i play aggressive attack game. i use fast inverted rubbers on both sides. i lose a lot to spinny mid-distance defenders because of my poor footwalk and lack of patience. any advice is welcomed.
Haha well, beeing patient is the most important thing you need to play a defender. You can practice to topspin the ball multiple times against the long pimples and then try to hit it faster and faster. If you do that in a match and you place the ball well a defender has no chance at all to win. or he must be superman... or Joo See Hyuk

One thing to do vs choppers or retrievers is to attack right at their body FAST. Even better to draw them to the table then attack them fast right at their body. Choppers and retrievers are notoriously good at getting back balls to their side. It is infinitely more difficult for them to get balls hit hard right at them.