C
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 131 4

User Info Menu

Feb 2013
    Mauritius
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE
    If you miss a certain feel in your game you could try out a different wood. The internetz is really not your best friend when it comes to reviews or hints about finding your new set-up. It is something very personal. Maybe you should search a local dealer and go there to try some stuff out before bying. That's what I always do. Don't rush it and especially don't let other people tell you what is better for you.
    My first custom blade was some andro carbon. It was really really crap. No "feeling", nothing. But it was fast -> so my smashes were cool. But that was the end of the story
    Then I bought the Tibhar Samsonov Alpha (it's still quite cheap ~30 € here). It was one of the best wooden blades I ever had. And now I have another (faster) all wood blade, which I bought after more than 1 month comparing. Carbon was just wrong for me.

In conclusion: Try it out!
    Trying out different set ups would cost huge amount of cash and as a student I don't make much.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 24
    D
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 24 0
    I took the decision to stop using H3 ( I have no photo I afraid) as it needs a lot of energy and technique to make it work properly so my H3 rubbers were in good state but gave them to my fellow players who could master them. I have much more control with my actual rubbers be it soft touch or strong top spins/smashes. I have a much more varied strokes now. I think the Galaxy T11+ is such a rocker of a blade.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 69 49
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 49 69
    Quote Originally Posted by chiz
    Trying out different set ups would cost huge amount of cash and as a student I don't make much.
    Why would it cost? Is there no opportunity in the shops?

I walk into the shop (preferably with a friend). Tell them what i would like to try out. They glue it on a blade of my choice and me and my friend try them out. They have several tables there. As you see, I don't buy them. They are "test-blades".

I'm a student as well. The shop also has something which you can translate as "test-bag". For a little fee 0.50€ each rubber/blade or something like that you can choose 8 or 9 pieces and you can try them out. You have 6 weeks to decide. Then you give it back. If you liked something you can buy it (of course you'll get a new rubber, not the one you and other have been testing) and then you won't even have to pay the fee.

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 96 533
    D
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 533 96
    then wipe it with a damp sponge.... these rubbers are tacky therefore they pick up dust very easily.... so even when you are playing it helps to... breathe/spit on the rubber and wiping it on your shorts

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 24
    D
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 24 0

I walk into the shop (preferably with a friend). Tell them what i would like to try out. They glue it on a blade of my choice and me and my friend try them out. They have several tables there. As you see, I don't buy them. They are "test-blades".

I'm a student as well. The shop also has something which you can translate as "test-bag". For a little fee 0.50€ each rubber/blade or something like that you can choose 8 or 9 pieces and you can try them out. You have 6 weeks to decide. Then you give it back. If you liked something you can buy it (of course you'll get a new rubber, not the one you and other have been testing) and then you won't even have to pay the fee.
    Hi Blue,

Things are not that easy in Mauritius, as we do not have specialized shops selling Table Tennis goods, it only the web which contains a great choice of blades and rubbers.

We are guided by great TT forums like this one and equipment reviews.

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 4 131
    C
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Feb 2013
    Mauritius
    Read 0 Reviews

I'm afraid there isn't such a system in my country. It's like you go to the shop choose your racket and that's it.

This user has no status.

C
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Feb 2013
    Mauritius
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dachille
    Hi Blue,

Things are not that easy in Mauritius, as we do not have specialized shops selling Table Tennis goods, it only the web which contains a great choice of blades and rubbers.

you're from Mauritius

at least someone who understands my dilemma
    Last edited by chiz; 02-27-2013 at 06:10 PM.

This user has no status.

C
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Feb 2013
    Mauritius
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by decoy
    then wipe it with a damp sponge.... these rubbers are tacky therefore they pick up dust very easily.... so even when you are playing it helps to... breathe/spit on the rubber and wiping it on your shorts
    I do wipe it after a few mins of use but as many are saying H3 is very tacky, I played a few people today and had a feel of their rubber and I could feel the tackiness more on their old rubber than on my new H3.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 24
    D
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 24 0
    you're from Mauritius

at least someone who understands my dilemma
    Yeah right mate!

Just save for some soft rubbers such as Butterfly Solcion,Xiom Omega 4 Elite, Vega Europe as I listed above and you wont go wrong.

They are long lasting rubbers as well compared to chinese ones

This user has no status.

C
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Feb 2013
    Mauritius
    Read 0 Reviews
    Yeah right mate!

Just save for some soft rubbers such as Butterfly Solcion,Xiom Omega 4 Elite, Vega Europe as I listed above and you wont go wrong.

They are long lasting rubbers as well compared to chinese ones
    ouch those cost around $50+ a pop, I was looking for rubbers around half that price.

This user has no status.

C
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Feb 2013
    Mauritius
    Read 0 Reviews
    I googled a picture of an H3 and found this https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/f...mages/bat1.jpg

It seems that this is tackier than mine

This user has no status.

TTD Member 69 49
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 49 69
    Hi Blue,

I'm afraid there isn't such a system in my country. It's like you go to the shop choose your racket and that's it.
    Oh yeah right mate. I'm sorry.

Well then it seems like you have something you like anyway. Many friends of mine play with XIOM Vega Elitea and Europe. They are pretty good and they are cheaper than butterfly (at least here). I often buy rubbers for them. F.e. the XIOM Vega Elite or Europe cost me ~ 24,- €.
    How are the prices over there in Mauritius?

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 96 533
    D
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 533 96
    its around 25-40 usd for xiom if you know where to look. skip vega europe.. its garbage...

also nothing is long lasting compared to chinese rubbers.. fact. xiom tent to have pretty weak( structurally ) topsheets. bty somewhat stronger.

also about that pic.. they will be about the same tackyness = or - here and there, but you wont need to worry about it.... i would only advice on H3 if your arms are strong.. if you can accelerate your swing pretty fast.. if you cant get TG3 or skip the likes of hurricanes

if you swing about as fast as this get skyline..
    Last edited by decoy; 02-27-2013 at 07:38 PM.

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 13 106
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 106 13
    You guys may not have specialized shops, But i live in america, We dont even have shops. and places that do sell, sell very minimum,
    (because they are focused on "sports" )
    and don't sell any
    un-assembled products of any kind.
    and the majority of the population looks at table tennis as a "game" T_T
    EQUIPMENT:
    Blade: Michael Maze FHRubber: Genius-2.0 Sponge BHRubber: Genius Sound-2.0 Sponge

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 150 2,988
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 2,988 150

User Info Menu

Mar 2011
    Indonesia
    Read 1 Reviews
    lol would this $5 blade be better than t11?
    In your current skill level, I assume that's a yes..
    GFoT |Blade : Timo Boll ALC • FH : DHS Hurricane 3 Provincial MAX • BH : Tenergy 64 MAX
    Crossover to Takeover!

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 24
    D
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 24 0

Well then it seems like you have something you like anyway. Many friends of mine play with XIOM Vega Elitea and Europe. They are pretty good and they are cheaper than butterfly (at least here). I often buy rubbers for them. F.e. the XIOM Vega Elite or Europe cost me ~ 24,- €.
    I get them for $35-$37 on the net

This user has no status.

C
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Feb 2013
    Mauritius
    Read 0 Reviews

I haven't checked prices in store but I wouldn't be surprised if they sell for like $60 since everything that sell here is almost double what I can get it for on ebay.

This user has no status.

C
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Feb 2013
    Mauritius
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by decoy
    its around 25-40 usd for xiom if you know where to look. skip vega europe.. its garbage...

also nothing is long lasting compared to chinese rubbers.. fact. xiom tent to have pretty weak( structurally ) topsheets. bty somewhat stronger.

also about that pic.. they will be about the same tackyness = or - here and there, but you wont need to worry about it.... i would only advice on H3 if your arms are strong.. if you can accelerate your swing pretty fast.. if you cant get TG3 or skip the likes of hurricanes

if you swing about as fast as this get skyline..
    I don't know if you're talking about the serve(I suck at underspin) but I can swing at that speed when on attack.

This user has no status.

C
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Feb 2013
    Mauritius
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Pish
    the majority of the population looks at table tennis as a "game" T_T
    trust me it isn't only in america

says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 16,073 14,578
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 14,578 16,073
    btw why is it good for is attacking miles away from the table?I played with it and can attack perfectly fine near the table.
    I think what has been said is that that is a very fast blade. Too Fast.

If you are finding the Hurricane not tacky, either you need to clean it more frequently, which is a problem with Hurricane. It is tacky enough that it gets covered with dust and stops gripping the ball. Or, you have yourself a fake, which is possible. There are a lot of counterfeits out there.

If it is a real Hurricane then technique is a good part of the answer as stated above. If it is not a real Hurricane then, unfortunately, you may have been swindled.

The Following User Likes UpSideDownCarl's Post:

revulucao

Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast